cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
llewis
New Contributor

How do I stream a recording?

Hello there,

We're hosting a webinar for customers in two timezones.  One for the US, and one for Australia.  What I would like to do is run the webinar LIVE for the US, and then play the recording for Australia.  However, I cannot create a simu-live or a recorded event without loading in the recording during creation of the event in GTW.

I would like to create both events, provide one link for customers to choose their ideal event time and register, and then run the first event live.  Then, take that recording and load it in for the Australian event.

How can I do this in GTW? 

Thanks,

Laura

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: How do I stream a recording?

You could set up a single registration page that allows registrants to choose between two different regular live webinars.

You run the first webinar as a live webinar.

Then for the second "live" webinar, you just play back the recording of the first webinar.

If your first webinar is an hour, allow for about an hour for GoTo to process the recording. 

Then download the recording.

Upload the recording to the GoTo Webinar to be played back during the second webinar.

QUESTION TO ALL: Can you do this after the first of the two webinars tied to a single registration has past?  To be safe, you should set this up and try out a test session to ensure you can upload the recording of the first webinar to playback during the second webinar in the same series.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@llewis  You'll need to create the simulated-live schedule first using an existing recording, and then replace the recording after the original broadcast concludes and the cloud recording finishes conversion.  Keep in mind, this process can take up to a few hours to complete.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
llewis
New Contributor

@AshC thank you for the reply!  I didn't know this was possible - good tip.  Is there a way for me to use one registration page for both events?  I only see in GTW right now that they have to be created as 2 separate events since they're different event types.  I'd like to offer a single registration page where users can choose their preferred time.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

You could set up a single registration page that allows registrants to choose between two different regular live webinars.

You run the first webinar as a live webinar.

Then for the second "live" webinar, you just play back the recording of the first webinar.

If your first webinar is an hour, allow for about an hour for GoTo to process the recording. 

Then download the recording.

Upload the recording to the GoTo Webinar to be played back during the second webinar.

QUESTION TO ALL: Can you do this after the first of the two webinars tied to a single registration has past?  To be safe, you should set this up and try out a test session to ensure you can upload the recording of the first webinar to playback during the second webinar in the same series.

llewis
New Contributor

Thanks @Chris Droessler - are you saying that the recording would need to be downloaded and then uploaded as a video into the second session?  Will definitely need to test it out but this gives me hope!  I didn't realize "videos" could be longer than a few minutes, if that's what you meant.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I have never conducted a multiple-day webinar, though I know it can be done. (actually I have my first scheduled in April)

The question is; can you upload a video to that webinar after the first session of the webinar and play it during the second session?

For the video, there is a 4GB limit to the upload.  I doubt you will reach that limit.

FYI - I always download my recordings after each webinar, trim out the dead time and adjust the audio levels.  Then I save my recordings at 960 x 540, and upload them back to the GoTo cloud.  These files are usually about 250-275 MB.  Even if you saved your recording at 720p, an hour would not be larger than 4GB.

llewis
New Contributor

Following up on this thread - our webinar is in 2 weeks!

I ran a test today and everything seems good.  A video can be uploaded after the first webinar in a series completes, and starting the video was seamless as the host.