cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken4
Frequent Contributor

How many WebCam's can be used during a GoToWebinar?

How many WebCam's can be used during a GoToWebinar? not ... gotomeeting

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: GoToWebinar - Questions

Hi,

As of June 30th 2020 GoToWebinar now supports sharing up to 25 webcams.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
Phuong Pham

Is there any limit to the number of panelists sharing video at the same time in GotoWebinar?

Tom_W
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Is there any limit to the number of panelists sharing video at the same time in GotoWebinar?

Hello Phuong, you may have a total of 6 people sharing their webcams simultaneously and only one person sharing their screen at any given time.

Phuong Pham

Re: Is there any limit to the number of panelists sharing video at the same time in GotoWebinar?

Is there any workaround if we need to share up to 12 webcams?
Tom_W
Retired GoTo Contributor

We do not have any workarounds that would allow you to share more than 6 webcams simultaneously. You may consider rotating through the panelists and providing everyone a turn to share their webcam at their ideal times. I apologize for this inconvenience.
Anna Hung

UP TO 6 WEB CAMS- At a time, or in total during the meeting?

Hello, I am trying to schedule a company all-hands meeting with appx. 50 attendees. We want to share our cameras. I want to use Gotowebinar, but learned that it only shows 6 webcams at a time. Does that mean that the webcam shows up to 6 people who are speaking, or is it a set of 6 people that never changes. I want to know whether we'll be able to use this for a meeting where we want to see all 50 people's faces at some point during the meeting, especially if they're the one talking.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: UP TO 6 WEB CAMS- At a time, or in total during the meeting?

Hi Anna,
You can effectively rotate the Web cameras around your group, though this request is by permission only --- you can't just toggle on an attendee's webcam.  Six is the max number of webcams at any one time.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Anna Hung

Okay great! And how do I give permission for an Attendee (or a Panelist or an Organizer) to share their camera. This is assuming I am logged in as an Organizer.
Tom_W
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hello Anna, I believe you'll find the following support article that I linked below helpful in understanding how to manage turning webcams on & off.  Please note that for GoToWebinar specifically, only staff members (aka: Organizers & Panelists) are allowed to share webcam. 
If someone has joined in as an Attendee and need to share their webcam, you will have to promote them to a Panelist (or Organizer) first. If you wish to promote someone while in session, find their name on the attendee list, right-click on their name, and you should see the option to 'Make Panelist'.

Share Your Webcam (Desktop app)

Anna Hung

Got it, thank you! The info "Please note that for GoToWebinar specifically, only staff members (aka: Organizers & Panelists) are allowed to share webcam" was the piece I was missing, and now that I know that, it's all making sense.