cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julieswork
Active Contributor

Hybrid event using Virtual Events

Can you do a hybrid event using the Virtaul Event feature? For example, I have a two-day event coming up, with about 100 people. Half will be in person and half will be attending virtually.

Day 1 features presenters who are all in person that we will stream out to virtual attendees. Day 2 features some presentations from the virtual audience.

My concern is do you have to set up each session as a different event with separate registration? Or do you put in a long 1-day event with the applicable presenters noted & let them join / share screens at that time?

Also curious about recording for a day-long event.  If I have ot set up sessions as different times it will be difficult, as I don't think my presenters will stick to a schedule.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Hybrid event using Virtual Events

Hi @julieswork 

A Virtual Event allows you to host a multi-session, multi-day interactive online events. You would schedule a single Virtual Event spanning two days with two or more sessions but your attendees would register once. During scheduling you can select to have recording start automatically when the sessions are started. 

There is a great post by @Chris Droessler about how he runs multi-day events just using regular webinars that you may find helpful. You can read it here. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Hybrid event using Virtual Events

Hi @julieswork 

A Virtual Event allows you to host a multi-session, multi-day interactive online events. You would schedule a single Virtual Event spanning two days with two or more sessions but your attendees would register once. During scheduling you can select to have recording start automatically when the sessions are started. 

There is a great post by @Chris Droessler about how he runs multi-day events just using regular webinars that you may find helpful. You can read it here. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training