cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Chat Ability for All Attendees

Chat Ability for All Attendees

Can you have attendees in GoToWebinar talk or text "chat" to each other during a live 500 attendee event??

If you can't - PLEASE - change it so they can. It is terrible that there is no way to have the attendees interact with each other -

We have a weekly webinar on the same day, and same time EVERY week. Our clients like to be able to come to the event and interact with each other - and with the GoToMeeting there is no way to do that.

Only the organizer can see the "Questions" from attendees.

Let us know if there are plans to FIX this, thanks!

168 Comments
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

For 95 percent of our webinars our Attendees do not need to communicate with each other.

beckygleason

As a part of GoToWebinar, it would be great to have the chat box available for participants to chat with one another. This would help interaction and attention during the webinars. Organizers or panelists could ask questions and participants could answer. Other platforms have this feature and I would love to see it in GoToWebinar. Thank you,

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

There is a good discussion of that here with several work-arounds.

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/I-need-attendees-to-be-able-to-chat-with-ea...

shayhoe
Active Contributor

We just switched to GoToWebinar and didn't realize attendees couldn't chat between each other.  We would definately use this feature

Ken4
Frequent Contributor

Agree, this isn't something we'd want. Because of our education it's more important the attendee focus on the content from the faculty

shayhoe
Active Contributor

We use this for training large groups and find having someone in the background engaging the users through the chat board helps keep users engaged in the content and share ideas and comments or just affirm what's being said.  This works best when everyone can see the comments

Tho-Mas
Active Contributor

what could be the/a reason this Send Privately or Send to All button is inactive (greyed out) ?
We were facing that few weeks ago at some Organisers events ...

Ken4
Frequent Contributor

I don't believe there is an option for attendees to chat with each other. Now the panelist can chat with the attendees, individually or to all. I haven't run into the chat buttons not working correctly.

We have a webinar taking place today at 3 so we'll see if the issue is cleared up. My issues could have been with a new software trying to install or something in the background on our side. We'll see. A GTW tech will be on our webinar today at the beginning.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Tho-Mas  The 'Send to All' function should be available to all Co-Organizers in your webinar, as long as you are in session with other participants.  If this is failing, please let us know where and when the issue crops up again.

markcramer
While some might not want this feature, we would. I'm not talking about private person-to-person chat, but open chat is a great way for folks to participate in a webinar. It seems like it should be a relatively easy thing to enable.