cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

I need to change subject title but not date or time

I need to change the subject title and some of the text of a webinar that is run monthly, but not change date or time of the webinar.

If I just make the text changes and not click on notify attendees, would the attendees then get the updated text next time they log in?

I'm afraid if I do click notify attendees then they will think there has been a change in date and/or time and people just get confused.

3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: I need to change subject title but not date or time

@Kurt Sharman  That's correct:  If you do not check the 'notify' box when updating a webinar, then no communications are sent to participants.  Any new registrants clicking on your webinar link would see the new titles and descriptions only.

New Contributor

You said: "Any new registrants clicking on your webinar link would see the new titles and descriptions only"

What about existing registrants?

This webinar has been scheduled 11 times for the year (once per month) and is set up so that people only need to register once for all sessions.

The last session had to be moved by a week and we made the change in date for that session but also added "Change of Date" in the subject title and description to let people know what was happening. That change was sent out with "notify all registrants" checked.

So far so good.

Now for the next webinar in August, that was already scheduled at the beginning of the year, all existing registrants will get a reminder one day before the next webinar and also one hour before the next webinar.

If I just change the text to remove "Change of Date" will the new text show in that reminder notice? - without checking "Notify all registrants".

Or what do I need to do to update the reminder message for all registrants, not just any new ones.

LogMeIn Contributor

As far as I know, the changes you make to the webinar title before the broadcast or reminder notice trigger, will affect the entire schedule and customization.