cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

Improvements to obscure functionality instead functional functionality bug me!

Today's annoucement about improvements to welcome emails to new users (what does this mean anyway-- organizers and panelists, or what?) really annoyed me because there are so many things that need improvement to make the overall user experience for organizers, panelists, registrants, and attendees, but this obscure function recieved attention while more pressing needs went unmet (refer to my previous post on internetaional registration form fields.) Maybe I am in a bad mood or have cold-induced-home-bound disorder, but I wish someone could explain how LogMeIn prioritizes the product roadmap. Blah.

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com
3 REPLIES
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Improvements to obscure functionality instead functional functionality bug me!

Hi @Fran_Simon 

We don't have a single team of developers who are responsible for every aspect of GoToWebinar, so an update to the website, for example, does not mean development work in another area was stopped. For our larger customers that have many organizers, updates like this to the Admin Center are important.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Frequent Contributor

Re: Improvements to obscure functionality instead functional functionality bug me!

Yes, having worked in and with SaaS companies, I totally understand both points. BUT, literally, we ask for so many improvements that never happen. The only things that get attention are new "sexy" features, not the most basic, yet important improvements to exisiting functionality. It's like the thought is  "build it once and done" or "build it decades ago, and expect customers to adapt." The registration form has never been touched since I began using GTW in I think 2004 or 2005. That's just one example.

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com
LogMeIn Manager

I can appreciate that it may look that way, and there have certainly been periods over the years since GoToWebinar was launched where the focus was put on adding new features, but the registration pages have definitely been worked on more recently than 2005. The Admin Center update you pointed to as an example for this post is an improvement on an existing feature which is based on customer feedback.

As Chris mentioned in his reply on your other post, Logmein is legally not allowed to do business with certain countries as we are a USA based company. I and our product managers have confirmed with both internal and external legal help as recently as last year that this restriction includes simply including them in our registration fields.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!