cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mediadarling
New Contributor

Re: In webcast mode is there a way to prevent the screen from going light to dark in safari?

It was the only app running thing on and have had other people test it too. Its happens in safari.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: In webcast mode is there a way to prevent the screen from going light to dark in safari?

Thanks, we are actively investigating this behavior for improved video functionality.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
GillyEnglish
New Contributor

I have just broadcast our first recorded webinar and the same light to dark on the screen using safari is happening. Has this been resolved yet?  It does not happen in Chrome or Firefox.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

It seems that if you move the mouse off-screen without disturbing the Safari window again, the shading should disappear immediately. Full-screen-mode effectively forces the screen to darken on some Apple devices.

I'll see if we can get a better explanation as to why this is occurring in Safari when viewing on-demand webinars...

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
mediadarling
New Contributor

I wish that was a solution, its not the curso - it happens on ipads and macs. Its just an engineering flaw in the system. Watch any webinar on an ipad or mac book pro - it will happen -has nothing to do with cursor. It's terrible and it been happening all year.

GillyEnglish
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply.  I thought moving the cursor and not disturbing the Safari window would work but I agree with the other contributor that it still happens but not with other browsers.  

I hope you can try to sort this out.  I am giving attendees the message that there appears to be a problem with Safari and to use another browser. I am sure GoToWebinar and Apple wouldn't want this situation to continue as it reflects on them both.

AVanderspool
Visitor

This continues to be a known issue when using Recorded Events and Safari.  I spent a lot of time on the phone with tech support and they recreated and validated this issue.  Their  suggested "solution" was for me to cancel my Recorded Event and create a Live Webcast instead.  This was not an option is it was just a couple of days before my event and I knew cancellations and new registration requests would be confusing.

My workaround was to send a reminder email letting attendees know they could either click the "Join Webinar" button on a device not using Safari, or click a new link I provided that went directly to the SAME video in my GTW Library if using iPad, iPhone, Safari.   When clicking on the new link, attendees were required to enter first and last name and email address - a pain and confusing since they were already registered for a webinar - but it allowed them to watch the video without the screen dimming every 4 seconds.

Again - it is the exact same video.  It works perfectly in a Live Event, Live Webcast, Recorded Event (using any browser except Safari) or if played directly from the GTW library on any device/browser.  But Recorded Event attendees on an iPad, iPhone or device with Safari experience the screen dimming every 4 seconds throughout the entire event and it's terribly distracting and a completely unprofessional experience.

It's disappointing this has been a known issue for at least 7 months and has not been fixed.  At the VERY LEAST, GTW should update the step by step Webinar creation guide to alert users to this issue.  Users should know UP FRONT that if they select Recorded Event, videos will dim every 4 seconds for all attendees using Safari.  I discovered this post too late to select a Live Webcast instead of Recorded Event.  I hope GTW will change their documentation so others can avoid this issue until GTW is able to resolve.