cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Incorrect Webinar Timezone for Hong Kong Attendee

I have several webinars with global attendees scheduled this week (in ET), and one of my attendees from Hong Kong reached out to let me know that what she registered for was showing as 9 PM CST in the registration confirmation email. The webinar she actually registered for was at 9 AM Eastern. This is causing quite a bit of confusion. Any ideas here? I understand if it shows 9 PM, as there is a 12 hour time difference, but that is for the Eastern timezone. I'm afraid to be bombarded by hundreds of people confused by this. 

As an aside, I did forward the email thread (which included the registration confirmation email from the Hong Kong attendee) to gotoservice@logmein.com this morning, but just haven't heard anything yet. I'm under a lot of pressure to get this resolved quickly. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 
13 REPLIES 13
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Incorrect Webinar Timezone for Hong Kong Attendee

Hi Julia,
Go ahead and post the affected GoToWebinar Registration Link here so that we can help you test the functionality.

New Contributor

New Contributor

New Contributor

Thank you! I've posted the link and a screenshot to the attendee's registration confirmation email.
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Julia,
I'm afraid that's an Attendee Join link.  For us to check the registration process we will need the original Registration link used by this registrant.

New Contributor

My apologies - here is the registration link sent out to all attendees. As we have several sessions from which to choose, they are taken to a list of sessions to select and register from there.

https://attendee.gotowebinar. com/rt/3007938742628265474
LogMeIn Contributor

This GoToWebinar registration confirms a start time 10 AM - 11 AM GMT +08:00 Hong Kong on the Confirmation web page, Confirmation Email, and Confirmation Calendar appointment.  Is this not accurate per your East Coast start time? 

New Contributor

Per the screenshot above, the attendee received a 9-10 pm CST start time, but she is located in Hong Kong. Shouldn't her confirmation email display in her local time as per her computer settings?
LogMeIn Contributor

Her confirmation should show 'HKT' specifically: