cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HerrLoe
New Contributor

Increase Audio Bitrate

Hi there,
Is there a way to increase the audio Bitrate?
I know that it‘s not best practice but due to the structure of our webinars we need to integrate music and several videos which are implemented via a virtual webcam.

But the compression of the music is just cruel. My guess is that the ca. 30 kbit/s for OPUS are not enough for it or that there is a hard coded equalizer. Anyway we can rid of it? Management puts some pressure on us and we‘re starting to look for alternatives.

Thanks and all the best.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Increase Audio Bitrate

I don't think it is a bit-rate problem. I believe that GoTo has installed a downward expander audio filter, which is great for reducing background noise, but kills music and is really bad for soft-spoken speakers.

We have asked GoTo to give us a switch to disable this "feature" when we don't need it, which would allow us to play music and allow soft-spoken speakers to be heard.

I explained this more in this other discussion:

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Choppy-music-audio-during-Webinar/m-p/21704... 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Increase Audio Bitrate

Thanks, Chris. 

We're considering adding advanced audio options into the endpoint in the near future.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
HerrLoe
New Contributor

Thanks Chris for the detailed analysis. I'm looking forwa...

Thanks Chris for the detailed analysis. I'm looking forward forward to such a switch. Meanwhile I have to think of a quick and dirty solution. Perhaps just leaving out the music.

Cheers,

Sven

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Thanks Chris for the detailed analysis. I'm looking forwa...

If you need to share music, you can do this through the Share a Video feature.  That feature will playback music and is not subject to the audio filters they put on the regular audio.

With the Share a Video feature, you do not have control over how loud the music will be, so you have to decide up front and re-record the video file with the music at the right volume so it will play back correctly.