cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Issue with audio control on recent webinar

In my webinar today, I experienced an issue - error message "too many peope are unmuted" you have reached the maximum number of people that can be unmuted at one time.  You will need to mute some of these particpants before tyring to unmute others.

Except that no one on my call was unmuted.  Except the presenter and the organizer.  I then had to promote all my attendees to panelists, which worked for about half but the others could still not be unmuted.

Never encountered this before and this is a recurring webinar I run monthly.  Thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Issue with audio control on recent webinar

@ProductManageme  Sorry about that, that error is erroneous.

Did you try to Mute All, and then Unmute again?

What operating system and GoToMeeting software version do you have installed there?

New Contributor

Yep, tried all the audio control "tricks in the book".  It actually wouldn't let me use the mute and unmute all functions - kept giving me same error.

I'm on MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 and GTM 8.4.3 Build 13481

LogMeIn Contributor

Please run a test before youre next broadcast, and let us know if the muting controls are still working.

New Contributor

Hi - I tested before and didn't seem to have it happen but once I did the full webinar it happened again.  Very frustrating.

LogMeIn Contributor

I apologize for that issue. We will attempt to recreate and file an internal ticket for webinar muting controls to be reviewed ASAP.

New Contributor

Just last week a colleague of mine who was leading a webinar got back from break and unmuted, and though the screen showed the "audio-level-indicator" equivalent of him speaking, the class couldn't hear him.  He tired to mute then unmute, and it would not let me unmute since "too many people were unmuted"... then it would not let him unmute ANYONE.   Until someone suggested going to the telephone. Which he did, then shortly after he switched right back to computer audio and luckily for him it worked.

If there is anyway this can be addressed promptly it would be great to avoid any future issues. 

Respected Contributor

@rubyarroyo  Was this presenter the webinar Organizer?  If so, he should have been able to unmute himself.  If not the Organizer, then the Organizer should have been able to assist in getting him unmuted.

There is a limit to 25 unmuted microphones at one time in a GoToWebinar. 

If you need to have more than 25 attendees unmuted, then GoToMeeting would be a better tool to use.