cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Issues with new Layout

When using the new layout, I am experiencing a handful of issues. I was hopeful others may have found solutions or work arounds for these?

1. I am unable to modify/save surveys. Every time I try, I get the following error: "Failed to Save Survey". I have to go back to the old view to make any changes.
  2. When copying a webinar, there is no option to modify the organizers/panelists from the first screen. This results in old organizers/panelists receiving an email for a new webinar they may not be on. This was available on the old view and would love to see it transition over.
  3. Lastly, I have had at least one instance where copying a webinar did not copy over the audio settings. Thankfully I caught it, but worth mentioning in case it is an ongoing issue.
8 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Issues with new Layout

@Chris Milner  Thanks for this valuable feedback!

I will double check that these new interface issues are already being worked on, and update any existing ticktets.

Active Contributor

GoToWebinar Custom Survey Won't Save

I'm on my 7 day free trial and testing out the survey function (which is probably our most important function for choosing GoToWebinar in addition to the polling feature.)  When clicking to add a survey in the Webinar configuration, the pop up opens with sample questions.  I create my custom questions, but then get a red error pop up saying "failed to save survey".  But when I click the add survey button again, my custom questions are still there.

Upon testing the webinar today, after an attendee left, they were presented with a survey, but only the original sample questions.  In the webinar configuration, we did not see any survey attached except the "+" button to add one.  I tried to add again, but was unable to do so.

Originally I tried this in Internet Explorer, and then in Chrome, but both gave the same error.  So technically it didn't save my custom questions, but sort of added a generic survey (since it was presented to attendees) but did not show up in the configuration screen as being added.

This is a pretty critical function for making our decision on this product.  Hopefully there's an easy solution!

Thanks!

Tags (2)
LogMeIn Manager

Re: GoToWebinar Custom Survey Won't Save

Hi @DavidVitals

Is this what you see when you go to add the survey to your webinar?

new survey.PNG

Are you using any special characters in your survey title or questions?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

Yes, I do see the options to add questions, modify, edit, etc...  but when I click to Save, a red bar at the top of the page says "Failed to Save Survey"

No special characters.  Just trying to edit some easy questions.  (It has a sample survey initially, but after trying to edit and getting the "failed" message, it disappears and only has the + icon for adding a survey.

LogMeIn Contributor

@DavidVitals Sorry, David.   Do you see the same behavior on all Surveys, on every GoToWebinar scheduled?  How about alternate web browsers?  Was this particular webinar copied from an older template?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I've been using the 7 day free trial and editing the existing test webinar.  I also copied that one to create a new webinar and had the same results.

Today, we purchased a license and I created a new webinar just now and it allowed me to save the survey!  So it must have been related to the trial account, or at least the trial webinar that was created automatically.

But it appears to be working now!

EDIT:  Well, I just checked and my trial account is still in trial mode through the end of the day and has not yet been linked to our paid account.  So that wasn't the problem I guess.  Though I was still able to create and save a survey today.  Must have been the test webinar that was set up originally for the trial account.  Creating a new webinar from scratch seemed to be the solution rather than copying the existing one.

Active Contributor

Re: Issues with new Layout - error 'failed to save survey'

We're using multiple GoToWebinar accounts, all of which have the issue of failing to save the survey. The issue occurs on both firefox and chrome. These surveys are based on a template webinars we setup at the beginning of the year and re-use for each webinar.

Two questions:

1. Given that more users ticketed this issue to you, do you have an update on this?

2. Is there a work-around?

Thanks.

All the best,

Julian

LogMeIn Manager

Re: Issues with new Layout - error 'failed to save survey'

Hi @julian ter huur

I apologize for the frustration, we have not been able to recreate this issue internally so far. Could you please click on my profile and send me the survey template you are trying to use? 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!