cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mediateca
Active Contributor

Last minutes of webcam video not recorded.

A few days ago our usual Host was leading a webinar and everything went well except that, later on, we found that the last minutes of our main panelist's webcam video feed where missing (not the audio).

Basically, it looks like exactly when he finished his presentation and our Host took away his screen sharing privileges the video stream got sort of disconnected from the recording. The audio was recorded and the audio and video where unaffected during the live event (hence nobody noticed anything at the time).

AFAIK recordings are not stored anywhere else so there is no chance to recover the missing bits.

So, the specific incident was not severe as we edited the video before publishing, but we are a bit worried that this could happen again during a more important event (or guest!)

Does anyone have any insights on to what could have happened, if there is any detail that could warn us that something is not right, or any advice at all on this?

I might also note that, not too far from this, we had some goto-opener issues that were most likely related to updates at GoTo's end of the systems, so I can't rule out some general instability going on.

For the record, this is not a rant. I know stuff can fail sometimes... actually we have been using GoTo for, like, three years now and it has been quite reliable.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Last minutes of webcam video not recorded.

@mediateca  If the affected panelist was actively showing their webcam while in the live broadcast, but the recording failed to capture it after changing presenters, then there must be a communication breakdown of some kind in the cloud storage.  Should this occur again we can help investigate the cause through Customer Support by gathering the local log files from any presenters who's webcams were affected.  

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!