cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julieswork
Active Contributor

Lines appear in images on my PowerPoint

I'm having an issue where vertical lines are appearing in my images in PowerPoint when I'm presenting. They do not show in regular PowerPoint mode. I've tried compressing the images but still they show up. Anyone else have this image?  

3 REPLIES 3
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Lines appear in images on my PowerPoint

Are the lines showing up on your computer?

Do you see them in another device or have reports from others who see them while watching the webinar? 

Do the lines show up in the recording of the webinar?

What device are you using to show the PowerPoint?

What operating system, PowerPoint version?

Are you also the Organizer for the webinar or just the Panelist? ("I don't know" is a valid answer.)

Does your computer have just one display/monitor, or two? This opens lots of other questions.

When you share to the GoTo audience, do you share the whole screen or just a single window?

Are the lines random, they change over time or for each slide?

What color are the lines?

How wide are they?

Are there ever more than one line at a time?

Can you post a screenshot of this?

The more you can tell us, the more we can help.

julieswork
Active Contributor

Are the lines showing up on your computer?  No

Do you see them in another device or have reports from others who see them while watching the webinar?  Yes, had another person show the PPT and they still showed up

Do the lines show up in the recording of the webinar? We have not gone live yet, 

What device are you using to show the PowerPoint?  PC

What operating system, PowerPoint version? Windows 10 / PowerPoint 16

Are you also the Organizer for the webinar or just the Panelist? ("I don't know" is a valid answer.) Organizer

Does your computer have just one display/monitor, or two? This opens lots of other questions. Two

When you share to the GoTo audience, do you share the whole screen or just a single window? Clean window / single screen

Oddly, I did screen captures during our practice and they don't show in the screen capture, but all of us in practice see the lines. They look like faint black cracks. 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Thanks for all the answers.  I don't know why that is happening.

I assume you are running the PowerPoint in "Presenter" mode where you see the slide for the audience on the second display and see the next slide and notes on the main display?

What is the resolution of the second display?