cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelh1
New Contributor

Live Event max registrant conflict

Hi,

I have a standard live webinar set up which I undersand has a max of 500(501) delegates. However, I had not set the max number of registrations to 500 and have now exceeded this number by 80. 

I have now reset the max number of regsitrations to 580 so no more registrations can be made but I'm unsure what this will mean for all regsitrants. Does it mean that should every registrant try to access the webinar when it goes live 80 will be frozen out of the webinar on a first come first served basis when joining the webinar as it goes live?

I understand this will be a relatively straight forward question for an experienced user to answer and I appreciate your help as I am a new user trying to learn as I go.

Thanks

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Live Event max registrant conflict

The first 500 to join the webinar will be able to join.  Person 501 who tries to join the webinar will not be able to join.  It does not matter when they registered, it matters when they try to connect to the webinar.

It is assumed that many people who register for a webinar will not show up.  For a sales promotion it can be a small percentage of the registrants who show up.  Even for a required meeting, folks still don't show up for one reason or another.

Next time you can set the registration limit to 500 and know that anyone who signs up can participate in the webinar.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

The first 500 to join the webinar will be able to join.  Person 501 who tries to join the webinar will not be able to join.  It does not matter when they registered, it matters when they try to connect to the webinar.

It is assumed that many people who register for a webinar will not show up.  For a sales promotion it can be a small percentage of the registrants who show up.  Even for a required meeting, folks still don't show up for one reason or another.

Next time you can set the registration limit to 500 and know that anyone who signs up can participate in the webinar.

michaelh1
New Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much, makes perfect sense. An oversight on my part and I'll know the cap registrants in future. I do think as you have said we won't get 100% of registrants.

Cheers.

Michael