cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToddH1
Active Contributor

MAC OS Big SUR

My instructors who updated to MAC OS Big Sur are not able to teach using Go To Webinar.  Will this be fixed or is there a quick work-around?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: MAC OS Big SUR

Hi @ToddH1 

MacOS 11 Big Sur is supported with version 10.15 of our software, but your users still need to grant permission in their system preferences for our software to record their screen (screen sharing), and access their webcam. Improvements were made in 10.15 to ensure the MacOS prompted the user to give permission, if they dismissed the message they can open the system preferences and grant permission manually.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

What specifically can your instructor not do?  We have found workarounds to many issues.

ToddH1
Active Contributor

Once log into GTW as a presenter, they cannot share their screen or run the program as a presenter.  We even when we promote them to an organizer.

I encountered this numerous times.  My understanding is MAC OS latest release is not compatible right now. I am hoping the maintenance of GTW will rectify the issue.

Thank you

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @ToddH1 

MacOS 11 Big Sur is supported with version 10.15 of our software, but your users still need to grant permission in their system preferences for our software to record their screen (screen sharing), and access their webcam. Improvements were made in 10.15 to ensure the MacOS prompted the user to give permission, if they dismissed the message they can open the system preferences and grant permission manually.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training