cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ALD_1
New Contributor

Mac: See Webcams while Presenting Screen

As an organizer, I need to be able to share my screen while also seeing my attendees webcams. I have seen some older threads noting that there is an option to always keep webcams on top, but I have not been able to find this option anywhere. Once I share my screen and start navigating around, the GoToMeeting app (and therefore the webcams) disappears behind my active application. Note that I am using a Mac.

Please help! I will not be able to use GoToMeeting if this is not possible. Thanks in advance!

(screenshot below of a user guide from 2013)

ALD_1_0-1635793056944.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Mac: See Webcams while Presenting Screen

Hi @ALD_1 

GoToMeeting v10.17 is the current default version of GoToMeeting, the other version that you have used is our next generation of GoToMeeting and still in development. It will also have the option to 'stay on top' of other application windows soon.

This new version is available to try, but can be disabled by signing into your account on the website, click Settings in the menu on the left

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 1.30.58 PM.png

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@ALD_1   There are some slight variations in the way the desktop application operates in Mac environments.  Can you tell us which app you are presenting in-session, and if this window is full screen or in a smaller frame? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ALD_1
New Contributor

Regardless of whether I am sharing my entire screen or a particular app (web browser, PDF, etc) the GoTo controls disappear. When I sharing my entire screen, I see a green window around the edge of my screen, but if I am sharing a particular app then there is nothing to indicate my screen is being shared. There is no difference if the windows are full screen or a smaller frame. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 10.45.13 AM.jpg

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@ALD_1   I believe the development team is currently working to ensure 'Always In Front' becomes the default option on Mac and Windows.  As soon as we hear an update or ETA we'll let the Community know.  

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ALD_1
New Contributor

Somehow I stumbled upon the fact that if I use the GoToMeeting v10.17.0 desktop app I am able to see the webcams and GoTo controls on top of the application I am sharing (it does remain in front) however this is not possible when using the GoTo version 3.18.1 desktop app. Which one is the most current version I am supposed to be using?

ALD_1_0-1635900318608.png

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @ALD_1 

GoToMeeting v10.17 is the current default version of GoToMeeting, the other version that you have used is our next generation of GoToMeeting and still in development. It will also have the option to 'stay on top' of other application windows soon.

This new version is available to try, but can be disabled by signing into your account on the website, click Settings in the menu on the left

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 1.30.58 PM.png

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training