cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Mismatch between GoToWebinar and HubSpot

Hey there! 

We had a live webinar last Oct 23rd and we only had 99 registrants. 
The integration between GTW and HubSpot has that same data but, when creating a smart list in HubSpot, for all the people who registered, I get 103 subscribers.

When analyzing each of them one by one I can clearly see that HubSpot says that they were subscribed via GoToWebinar.... is that even possible?
Another case is people that registered to a different webinar but are identified in the wrong one.

HubSpot Support team told me to ask to GoToWebinar for their input about what could have happened.

Thank you!!
Fabiola

Example: 

registered for the webinar <webinar title>
Oct 17 at 12:51 AM CDT

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Mismatch between GoToWebinar and HubSpot

@vegfund  Hi Fabiola,

It is always possible to register for a GoToWebinar with the registration link or webinar ID.  You may stop any extra registrants from receiving a confirmation email and join link if you were to add a Password, or set the registration confirmation to 'Upon Approval'.

Active Contributor

Thanks for your reply! Not sure what you mean with that. I know each webinar has an ID but we only created a registration page and we didn't mention the webinar ID there. Is it possible for you to share an example? 
I've never used the "Upon Approval" registration confirmation, if I do that, will it still sync with HubSpot?

I still don't understand why HubSpot considers someone registered that GoToWebinar doesn't..sorry.

LogMeIn Contributor

@vegfund  Sure.  Every GoToWebinar has a unique ID that Attendees can use manually through https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar/join-webinar .  This would be one way to explain registrants appearing on your GoToWebinar reports that HubSpot says are not your existing clients (the contacts list they used as registrant list).

I don't actually know if HubSpot would have any problem if you set your webinar to Upon Approval.  You would have to check with their teams to find out more, as they are using the standard APIs that we offer everybody.

Active Contributor

Hi Ash, thanks for your reply.

Setting the webinars Upon Approval could work, but it's not something we want to do at the moment. We're a very small team.

It wasn't very clear what you mean by the unique ID that the users can use manually. Would you be able to explain in a different way?

Many thanks :-)

Fabiola

LogMeIn Contributor

@vegfund  Every webinar hosted has a unique 9-digit ID that separates them all from each other.  This ID is noted on your My Webinars scheduling page, as well as the confirmation / reminder emails we send to Registrants.  This ID is not usually used by Attendees, but can be as a backup method instead of clicking on a join link specifically.

Active Contributor

Thanks for the detailed explanation @AshC.
That makes sense but, the thing is that I can see two different weird things:

1. In GoToWebinar there are a few users that registered to the webinar AFTER it was over, and that's not an option, because all the webinars were live.

2. In HubSpot I see users that REGISTERED via GoToWebinar but they are not in GoToWebinar. The 9 digit number works to attend but not for registering right?

It's a mystery! (-:

LogMeIn Contributor

@vegfund  You can potentially set your scheduled GoToWebinars to send new Registrants to the Online Recording.  This is a custom setting available on each GoToWebinar's Registration settings, and will show registration data from after the broadcast is over if someone watches the recording later.

If you linked a recording to a registration, then the webinar ID can also be used to manually register and watch an online recording.

Active Contributor

That's right! But the recording wasn't set up. I guess I should call Support.