cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
story-2-24
Active Contributor

My screen freezes over when I attend webinars.

•When ever I attend webinars, my screen freezes over. I hear the webinar, but something happens.

14 REPLIES 14
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: My screen freezes over when I attend webinars.

@story-2-24  If your screen is not updating automatically I suggest rebooting the affected device before your next webinar event, and making sure unused background apps are closed when you join webinar broadcasts again.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
story-2-24
Active Contributor

I've tried rebooting it, it didn't do any good. I am no webinar organizer. For some reason, I only have this problem when I attend webinars hosted by this organization called IT World Canada.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Have you reached out to this organization to see if they have a recording of their broadcast for attendees?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

How do you know your screen freezes?  Maybe the presenter is presenting a static image that does not change?  Have you verified that others are seeing something different from what you are seeing? Have you contacted the organization hosting the webinar to see if others are experiencing the same issue?

Have you tried other devices, like a smart phone or tablet, or a different computer to see if you get the same results?  Have you tried a different physical location or different Internet connection?  Maybe a firewall or slow wifi is blocking part of the webinar.

story-2-24
Active Contributor

No. I know they already do. I am no fan of arcive recordings. Arcive recordings, when listening to them, you don't actually get to ask questions. Why take the time to watch the recording, if it's not the same as the actual webinar? Well, that's just my opinion
story-2-24
Active Contributor

No. Even if I did have another device, I would probibly not use it, because I'm better at this device. I've talked to support agents before, and they just said, "Contact the organizer." The organizer never answers their email.
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

For the many webinars that I organize, I find that most of the attendees do not ask questions, and we have lots of people who watch the recordings and have mentioned that they appreciate the fact we post them.  You are entitled to your own opinion.

Since you can't try another device, we are still not sure if the problem is your device (you might need to update the software) or if it is a internet connectivity issue, or if there is a firewall blocking the signal.

If you could provide more details, we might be able to help you.  Device, operating system, wifi or directly connected to network, office or home setting, country, timezone, webinar time of day, etc. ?

story-2-24
Active Contributor

I have only experienced problems like this when attending a webinar created by this organizer. 

I can still hear the webinar, but the buttons don't show. 

I usually have questions durring a webinar and watching the recording doesn't help me.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Which buttons?

And all the other questions I asked in the last post:

• computer device?
  • operating system?
  • wifi or directly connected to network?
  • office or home setting?
  • country?
  • timezone?
  • webinar time of day, etc. ?

Maybe something in one of your future answers will unlock the secret to the problem.