cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herojig
New Contributor

My webcam passes all tests, but in real life fails to connect during a real webinar.

My web cam passes all tests, but when I dial into the webinar I am supposed to be presenting, I can't share the camera. In the Control Panel it just says Connecting... when I hit the share button. What can I do to fix this... the webinar is starting for real soon... thx! 

Ps. tryed reinstalling GoTo, my webcam software (Camo), rebooting, all of that. Im running latest macOS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: My webcam passes all tests, but in real life fails to connect during a real webinar.

In our testing, using the GoTo software preferences while in session and checking the webcam section can trigger the webcam usage request.  You might also try re-installing GoToMeeting more than once in order to trigger the Apple security process.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: My webcam passes all tests, but in real life fails to connect during a real webinar.

Newer Macs have a security setting in the System Preferences where you allow GoTo to access the webcam. Ensure that is set correctly.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@herojig  We have a ticket open with Apple about this behavior.  Sometimes if you go into the GoToWebinar settings while in session and edit the webcam feed it will trigger the activation.

herojig
New Contributor

Like I said, passes all tests but still has problems. I finally got it to connect in the webinar control panel,  but the webinar moderator says he can't see me.  

herojig
New Contributor

hi, thx! but "edit the webcam feed" is something I don't have a clue on how to do. How to? I think I need support to send me a webinar link so I can show them what's going on. I am working with a corpororate license holder to present a webinar, and it's not going well... 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

In our testing, using the GoTo software preferences while in session and checking the webcam section can trigger the webcam usage request.  You might also try re-installing GoToMeeting more than once in order to trigger the Apple security process.

herojig
New Contributor

Yes, it seems ½ dozen or so reinstalls will finally trigger the right security settings to be adjusted. Not a webcam problem, but a GoTo bug.