cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sns2018
Active Contributor

Need solution for video playback + audio

I'm having issues with finding a good way to include MP4 w/audio playback in my replays.

When I play an MP4 file from my desktop, the attendees can't hear audio.

Linking to Youtube doesn't show in the replay.

Which leaves me to uploading the video directly to each weekly live webinar... but our internet connection is a nightmare and I'm also trying to find the best solution so video playback is smooth for attendees.

Is the last option, uploading directly, my best option?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Need solution for video playback + audio

Uploading the video to your webinar is the best.  I download YouTube videos and upload them to my webinar.

There are ways to playback video from your desktop and include audio, but the frame rate drops to about 1 frame or less per second when passing through GoToWebinar, so not acceptable if video includes a talking head or any kind of movement.

Playing desktop audio files is coming soon to GoToWebinar, though a firm ETA hasn't arrived.  Community moderators should update this thread as info becomes available.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Sandra Mpouma
New Contributor

GoToWebinar - Playing video during session

We've played a video of a recorded webinar during a live session. Some attendees couldn't hear properly (sound breaking or too far) and other couldn't even view the video, please see attachment for screenshot of error message.

The attendees were using Chrome, and logged in via confirmation link on desktop.

Why some didn't have a problem logging in and watching/hearing the video and others had sound and image issues?

Thanks
Sandra Mpouma
New Contributor

Re: GoToWebinar - Playing video during session

Hi Glenn, 

I used the beta video sharing. The Labs video sharing didn't work for me. Thanks
rohan smith
Active Contributor

any update on this item? is the best approach for me to (confidently) trial the beta video sharing?

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi there,
The new Video Sharing feature for GoToWebinar is the most stable tool for streaming pre-recorded videos live in your webinar broadcast.  

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Uploading the video to your webinar is the best.  I download YouTube videos and upload them to my webinar.

There are ways to playback video from your desktop and include audio, but the frame rate drops to about 1 frame or less per second when passing through GoToWebinar, so not acceptable if video includes a talking head or any kind of movement.

Playing desktop audio files is coming soon to GoToWebinar, though a firm ETA hasn't arrived.  Community moderators should update this thread as info becomes available.

View solution in original post

craigry
New Contributor

We tried live audio - a band on stage. Whoa! no good.... and no option. Other services work just fine.

But client wont use anything else.

Catch 22.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

tizianaa
New Contributor

Play desktop videos during webinar session

HI everyone.

I need to ask you the following. In a webinar one of my panelists will need to connect to someone based outside via web and after that to play a youtube video.

We made a test but we could not hear his video's audio and the audio of his colleague outside.  My panelist was wearing a headset.

Is it for that reason that we could not hear the audio of his video and his colleague from outside? Does he need to put a loudspeaker so that we can hear both his youtube video and the voice of his colleague outside?

I hope I made myself understood ..:)

Thank you

Tiziana

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Live streaming during webinar session

Here is a link to the GoTo Video Sharing feature:

https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/share-a-video-beta-g2w090120 

GoToWebinar is set up to transmit audio only from a microphone, thus audio from a video will not work if you just play it on the computer.

The Video Sharing feature will let you upload and play up to five videos during your webinar.