cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HoE-SR
Active Contributor

On Demand issues in China

I have received feedback from our client in China that there are issues with accessing our on demand webinars. We have two webinars - one in Chinese and one in English and some users are having no problems whatsoever

• Problems with incompatible browsers leads to a "continue in unsupported browser" message appearing in English, regardless of whether the language set is Chinese or English
  • Some users are receiving a "this webinar has ended" message when continuing with an unsupported browser even though the webinar is still available
  • This "this webinar has ended" message is still appearing for some users even when they try to access using a supported browser
  • Some users are experiencing problems with very slow load times or even failure to load. (This may be due to accessing via mobile network not wifi)
  • In attendance reports, some users' answers to custom registration question fields are blank and view time data is blank, despite the fact their name and email address are successfully registered

All advice or guidance is appreciated. Does anyone have any advice based on the above information or in general for Chinese users?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: On Demand issues in China

Hi @HoE-SR

To be honest, the results from Chinese territories can be hit or miss due to the internet traffic restrictions the government has in place there.  Some users have reported much better response time when using a VPN instead of their local ISP.

The recording report behavior is to be expected if you are sharing the recording link and not the original webinar's registration link, as we have yet to develop customized registration options for cloud recordings.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
HoE-SR
Active Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

Are there plans to develop customised registration options for cloud recordings? We prefer to record our videos offline so we can add post-production before uploading them and creating webinars out of them. Unfortunately though, our clients expect both high quality videos and also robust and accurate viewer reports.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Yes, we plan to develop customizable registration options for recordings in the near future.

AmnonR
Active Contributor

Thank you for the input. We are planning a large event (several hundred - several thousand participants). Can you confirm GoToWebinar works in China? 

Thank you!

Amnon

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@AmnonR  I can confirm their internet runs the same policies as the standards upon the world-wide-web.  I cannot however, confirm if the Chinese networks will allow international freedom of information at all times, as they have a national firewall that can restrict data transfers if they choose to erect it.

Event-ful
Active Contributor

Hi - did you get the China issue resolved?  I am planning a GoToWebinar with Chinese based attendees and trying to see if there will be any issues with blockages in the country.

thanks

Barry

Event-ful
Active Contributor

Access in China

Hello,

I am looking clarification on whether GoToWebinar is blocked or available for users in China?  Seeing conflicting messages on the forum and am hoping that someone has had a successful webinar with an audience based in China.

thanks in advance

Barry 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Access in China

Hi @Event-ful 

There isn't really a cut and dry answer, we have always had mixed reports when it comes to China. If you have a GoToWebinar account and some contacts in China I would recommend holding a test session with them.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training