cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: One speaker goes out when connecting to GoToWebinar

Hi there,
For the best audio quality, especially where a microphone placement is causing echo/feedback, I would recommend a headset plugged directly into your Mac.  For a full list of some hardware we've tested already:  https://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/meeting/help_files/G2M090086

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Michael Braden
Active Contributor

Your solution to the speakers not working correctly is to use a headset? That is not a solution. I have no problems with the Mac laptop speakers using other video/voice conferencing systems, like Google Hangouts.
macxpert
Visitor

I realize this discussion thread is a few years old, but on a 2019 16" Macbook Pro this is still an issue, so for those that are still suffering with this GoToWebinar problem, here's a simple workaround:

Go to System Preferences -> Accessibility -> Audio and select "Play stereo audio as mono".

It takes the sound that GTW is sending to just the right speaker and sends it out both (you might want to up your volume, it seemed to get quieter when I did this).

Once your meeting ends you'll probably want to undo that change to get full dynamic sound again.

Found this tip here:

https://www.macinstruct.com/node/431

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting this tip Macxpert.  I have been experiencing this same thing on my MacBook Pro and thought it was just my old ears failing.

I notice this only using GoToWebinar, so it must be something they are doing differently than every other program I use on that computer.

jwardell
Visitor

It blows my mind that it's years later and GoTo/Logmein hasn't bothered to fix this super obnoxious problem. At least add a checkbox in preferences! Thanks for the accessibility workaround suggestion.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Checking in to see if there is an update on this issue.  This happens on all of my Macintosh computers.  When running a GoToWebinar, only the right speaker works.  With all other online meeting/webinar tools, sound comes out of both speakers.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Chris Droessler   What Mac models are you utilizing there? 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

MacBook Pro 13" 2017, 2.3GHz Intel Core i5, OS 10.13.6

MacBook Pro 13" Mid-2009, 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, OS 10.11.6

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thanks.  We have several audio engine improvements coming up soon for development.  I've set the reminder to look at this behavior again.

Reka21
New Contributor

Same problem with my brand new

MacBook Pro 13", M1, 2020 with MacOs Big Sur (11.4)