cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsheeler1
Visitor

Participants vs. attendees?

I'm looking to buy the pro plan, as I need to have a plan that allows up to 500 people to view the live webinar.  I'm confused about the difference between 500 participants and 150 attendees.  If participants can watch the live webinar, that plan is perfect but if only 150 can, then that won't work.  Please help explain this to me as the website is not clear.  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Participants vs. attendees?

When the up 500 Attendees join your webinar they will be muted.  There is nothing they can do to unmute themselves nor turn on their webcam.

The Organizer has the option to allow an individual Attendee to unmute themselves. The Organizer can then take away that right for that individual Attendee to unmute themselves.

If you enable several Attendees to unmute themselves, and you wish to mute all attendees, there is a "mute all" button that will do that.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
story-2-24
Active Contributor

Hi. The difference is that a participant can unmute. They can take part in the webinar. 

Well ,ttendies can only watch the webinar live. 

Visit the help center. If you have any other questions. 

You can also. 

Speak with a support agent and view your past cases. If you want to talk with a true agent. 

Thank you. If you have questions, please reply.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Some Participants can unmute, but most cannot.

Participants are everyone who is part of the webinar.

Participants includes Attendees and Panelists.

Attendees can not unmute unless an Organizer allows them to.

Panelists and Organizers can unmute themselves.

The Pro plan allows up to 500 Participants in a GoToWebinar.

The confusion is that the Pro Plan for GoToWebinar also includes a license for GoToMeeting where you can have up to 150 people in a GoToMeeting.

You can have only one GoToWebinar at the same time, but you can have a GoToWebinar and a GoToMeeting at the same time.

story-2-24
Active Contributor

Then seriously, there is no difference. 

So, what would be the true difference between a participant, and an attendie?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Participant is the larger set of Attendees and Panelists.

An Attendee is a Participant.

A Panelist is a Participant.

Not all Participants are Attendees.

Not all Participants are Panelists.

Attendees are the "audience" for the webinar.  They gather information from the presenter.

The Panelists are the presenters. They present information to the Attendees.

jsheeler1
Visitor

So I would like up to 500 attendees.  I don't want 500 people to possibly unmute themselves.  That seems like a strange way to set up a webinar with allowing more people to be able to unmute than less.  Is it possible to force mute participants?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

When the up 500 Attendees join your webinar they will be muted.  There is nothing they can do to unmute themselves nor turn on their webcam.

The Organizer has the option to allow an individual Attendee to unmute themselves. The Organizer can then take away that right for that individual Attendee to unmute themselves.

If you enable several Attendees to unmute themselves, and you wish to mute all attendees, there is a "mute all" button that will do that.