cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: ATEM mini - GoToWebinar will not allow me to switch to this device

For some reason the ATEM Mini does not work when emulating a webcam in GoTo on a Windows computer. It works great when I use it on a Macintosh.

Roy2020
Active Contributor

GTW and the Blackmagic ATEM Mini Pro

I am surprised and more than a little disappointed that when I use my recently purchased Blackmagic ATEM Mini Pro as a webcam with GTW, that the video is cropped quite extensively.  This does not happen when I use the ATEM with Zoom or any of the other suspects.  Very disappointing and very surprising.  Why should this be GTW?  Has anyone else come across this problem when using the ATEM Mini Pro with GTW?  Is there a fix?  I'd be disappointed if I had to start using Zoom to resolve this problem.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: GTW and the Blackmagic ATEM Mini Pro

This has been discussed here already. Search for ATEM.

In a 7.5" x 10" PowerPoint slide, GoTo crops an inch in both directions.  When I send PowerPoint through the ATEM to GoToWebinar, I set up a half-inch margin all around. 

It is odd that GoTo crops the webcam input.

Roy2020
Active Contributor

Thank you Chris.  Yes, it's strange and very unfortunate.  As video work is 95% of my business I may have to rethink my future subscription to GTW, which would be a pity as I do think it is an excellent webinar package.  Thanks for your input.  I shall search for ATEM in the hope that there might be a work around.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

At least you are using a Mac.  The ATEM does not work at all with the Windows version of GoToWebinar.

Roy2020
Active Contributor

Gosh, I find that incredible.  However, I suppose, in defence of GTW, video switching may not be a priority for it.  Still, it's missing out big time when Zoom and others seem to accomodate ATEM video switching seemlessly.  A great pity.  Maybe one for the GTW boffins to address . . . if they think it's worth it.

PS  I read your excellent post on the ATEM.  Well done.  Thank you for your help.

Roy

franklyray
New Contributor

ATEM Mini PRO is a new issue since this June 29 response.
franklyray
New Contributor

That makes no sense.
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

The ATEM Mini Pro adds a few new features.  I am not sure if this impacts it's usability with GoTo. 

Hopefully the GoTo folks will enlighten us on any progress towards using the ATEM Mini with GoTo.

Jayne L
Active Contributor

Re: Play video embedded in PowerPoint and mix multiple computers and cameras to a GoToWebinar -

Ash, but no one can hear them if they called in or used the call-me feature, which means, that if you wish to ensure customer have the same experience, you can't play the videos.

I am interested that Zoom is working in this area.   I hate the security of zoom, and appreciate the quality of goto* but, dang it folks, these problems need to be addressed.

Is the disconnect between the customer base and the developers?