cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
admin3
New Contributor

Practice Sessions

I realize that I can conduct a practice session just prior to an event, but I would like to do a dry run a few days prior. Can I do that using the same link (and not hit broadcast) or should I set up a separate practice event? 

5 REPLIES 5
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Practice Sessions

Yes, and even if you do accidentally hit Broadcast, you can always start the same session on the appointed day, or any day/time, as many times as you like, as long as you have not gone past the scheduled end time.

If you do Broadcast the same webinar on multiple days, and you are recording the broadcast, then you will have one long recording containing both (all) instances of the same webinar.

Each time you stop and restart the same webinar you will get separate Attendee lists for each time segment. 

admin3
New Contributor

Thank you for your input! 

julieswork
Active Contributor

This is good to know. I've been copying all my webinars to make practice versions, but it kind of clutters up the interface  and stats. I am going to give this a try. I didn't realize that even if we accidentally hit "start broadcast" on a practice that we could do so again on the live date.

Thank you.

julieswork
Active Contributor

If you're in practice mode and accidentally hit Start Broadcast, then will a post-show email go out as schedule when you hang up?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@julieswork  I believe that should only happen if you launched the webinar at the scheduled start time.  Follow up emails are set to go out only after the time you set up the webinar for originally.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!