cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable

Private Channels on GoToStage

If I send the link to a private channel, do the recipients need to enter any information to access the channel/ watch the videos in the channel?  Or does the link alone give them access to watch all videos in the channel?

7 REPLIES 7
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Private Channels

Hi @Former Member ,

When you grant access to a private channel, the viewers still have to enter their name and email to register.  If you have multiple videos on the channel then they should be registering to watch each one, though they only need the one link you provided. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Former Member
Not applicable

Thank you for the response.  If we wanted to have people register for the recording on a pardot landing page, is the Pardot/ GTW integration able to bypass the registration on the GTW channel page?

Unrelated to the above question, will the person need to register everytime they want to watch a video or will they only have to do register once per video? 

Thank you!

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

As long as Pardot is sending the name / email info to GoToWebinar, there's no need to re-register for the recording. 

Every video link requires this data each time you want to watch one.

Former Member
Not applicable

Is there a step-by-step guide to how to connect Pardot to the video library or Private channels on GoToWebinar?

Right now, we are only able to access the webinars through pardot not the videos.  

thank you!

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

All API calls can be found here on the developers page: https://developer.goto.com/GoToWebinarV2/

You would need to reach out to Pardot for instructions on their side.

VRLDO
Contributor

Just started playing around with GoToWebinar and am very excited about the ability for transcripts with the recordings. I created a channel and set it to private. I only want people in our organization to be able to access the channel. Is Private the way to go and if so, what link would I provide to our staff to access the channel? I didn't want to set it to Public and have it accessible by anyone searching on the Internet.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@VRLDO  Yes, that's correct.  'Public' channels can be searched by anyone and watched on demand, while 'Private' channels are only available if you have the shared link from an Organizer.

Here's a reference guide:  https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/how-do-i-make-my-channel-private-g2w040039