cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken4
Frequent Contributor

Question on panelist invite and reminder, who it came from email

Hello,

This isn't a big deal either way. In the past I thought the panelist/organizer email invite would come from our own email which the GTW account is under. This a.m. I noticed the emails are coming from customercare@gotowebinar.com

Is that new or did I trigger this somehow?

As always, Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Ken4
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question on panelist invite and reminder, who it came from email

Correction, appears they always came from the Customer Care email but it would list for example: being from

our personal elearning name. Currently they show coming from "GoTo Webinar Global Customer Care Support" which we'd like to go back to them coming from our elearning name

Thanks

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Ken4,

GoToWebinar emails that we send out on your behalf have always come from that email address, but the Reply-To would show the organizer's email address so any replies would go to the organizer. I am not aware of any changes being made to this, and when I just tested with one of my own webinars the Panelist email still shows my organizer email in the Reply-To field.  Which email client are you using?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Ken4
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, yeah the reply to is correct being our email account. It's the from name (not email) that the name it's coming from is not our account name anymore. It's the "GoTo Webinar Global Customer Support" instead of our account name. Below is a screen shot of how they were listing the from name. Second screen shot is how they look now

Ken4_0-1659638763569.png

Ken4_1-1659638824119.png

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you for the screenshots, I see the change you are describing now. From some additional testing, it only appears to be happening with panelist and co-organizer emails, not attendee emails.

Ken4
Frequent Contributor

Yep, you're correct. I added presenters as Org which gave the from GoTo in the email, switched them back to panelist which gave our name. Not sure why this time I added them as Org's instead of Panelist like I've done the last 200 times! 

Thanks for the help, all resolved. Thanks again

GlennD
GoTo Manager

A ticket with our development team has been opened for this issue.