cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nico-stan
Active Contributor

Recently saw a popup for sending attendees one link to join without registeation

But when I clicked on it, the link didn't go to a page with details on this topic but just general stuff (frustrating!).

So, question is whether gtw had allowed for us, organizers, finally, to send our attendees a [one] link to join a live webinar without registration... or was I dreaming abput seeing that beta option?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Recently saw a popup for sending attendees one link to join without registeation

[UPDATE]  You may read about the functionality now on our support site:  https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/how-do-i-restrict-registration-by-email-domain

Some more details about this feature:

The feature offers UI control over the join restrictions at the Webinar level and the User level, or it can be implemented across the entire account with UI controls removed.

Attendees who try to join on the same link after someone else joined will be redirected to the registration page with a message that the join has already been used and they must register for access.

Let us know if you have any questions, and I'm happy to elaborate here.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Recently saw a popup for sending attendees one link to join without registeation

Hi,

I am not sure what the popup was that you saw, but currently all attendees must register in order to attend a GoToWebinar. We are investigating some other options for sharing webinars that may remove this requirement in the future.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Chris251
Active Contributor

You weren't dreaming - I saw the pop-up as well a few weeks ago, and had the same experience with it leading to a general GoToWebinar page. I agree that this would be a great feature to have!

Kris6
Active Contributor

You definitely did not imagine it, and I actually took a screenshot before it disappeared....see below. I've asked Support about this, but have received no response! 

Beta.png

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

[UPDATE]  You may read about the functionality now on our support site:  https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/how-do-i-restrict-registration-by-email-domain

Some more details about this feature:

The feature offers UI control over the join restrictions at the Webinar level and the User level, or it can be implemented across the entire account with UI controls removed.

Attendees who try to join on the same link after someone else joined will be redirected to the registration page with a message that the join has already been used and they must register for access.

Let us know if you have any questions, and I'm happy to elaborate here.

Kris6
Active Contributor

Hi Ash, 

Your solution definitely addresses the question originally posed about a link to join without registering.

Are you able to speak about the additional pop-up that I linked a screenshot of?  You mentioned "Attendees who try to join on the same link after someone else joined will be redirected to the registration page with a message that the join has already been used and they must register for access."

Can you please let me know how to activate this? 

Let me know if I should start a new thread. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Kris6  I'm pretty sure the two functions operate individually (restricted domain Vs. restricted join-link usage), and I'll try to gain some clarity on these new features shortly.