cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ozzy-Osborne
New Contributor

Recorded Video lags when Presenting

We have a video which is recorded then uploaded to the GoToWebinar event under Engage Attendees.

ISSUE: When the webinar starts, and i play the video... the audio lags behind about 1/2 second

This video lags for participants AND for me, the presenter.

The video is approx 700mb and 1 hour long.

WHY is the GoTo messing with my video??

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Recorded Video lags when Presenting

@Ozzy-Osborne  Have you been able to test any other videos for the same audio delay? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Ozzy-Osborne
New Contributor

Good morning,

This has been happening fairly consistently across multiple webinars on different days.

The video attached is different each time.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

If you are saying that when you press play to start the video, the video starts playing on the Attendee's computer seconds or even minutes later, then that has been normal for me as well.  In some cases, the video starts playing on the Attendee's computer before it starts playing on the Organizer's computer.

The video is streamed directly from the GoTo cloud directly to each computer. Many factors affect who gets to see the video first. The computer operating system, other programs running on the computer at the same time, the strength of the wifi signal if not connected direct to a network, download speed of the Internet connection, and other network traffic if on a shared network all play a hand in how quickly the video starts playing on each device. 

Other factors include total Internet traffic, especially traffic in your same time zone.  In the Eastern US we are fortunate that the Internet is fairly quiet in the early morning since there are not many people using the Internet in the time zones that span the Atlantic Ocean.  Later in the afternoon the Internet can be quite busy.

I have also found that the particular encoding for your video can make a difference in download time. Search these discussion boards for tips on creating a "compatible" mp4 file that should work best on most devices. There are thousands of possible ways to encode an MP4 video, and some work better than others.  A 540p  video will have less data transfer across the Internet than a  720p video. If you don't need the resolution of a 720p (or higher) then try lowering the resolution for more compatibility.

Ozzy-Osborne
New Contributor

Thank you for asking specifically what sort of issue!

The lag i speak of is the audio and video are not synced.

The video is about 1/2 second behind the audio, regardless of video size, or date of presentation.

The audio lags behind the video for:

•  Myself, the presenter
  •  Panelists
  •  Participants

I am encoding the files in mp4 format in Premiere.

I do not believe bandwidth would cause the audio and video to come out of sync.

I publish at 1080p and the hour long presentation is like 700mb.

That is WELL within the 4GB maximum.