cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bear13
Active Contributor

Recorded Webinar Buffering

We have been running recorded webinars for a few months, and each time there are attendees who comment that the video was buffering the entire time every few seconds. I've tested it on my PC, on different browsers, and it's not my internet connection. These same videos uploaded on YouTube have no issues. What could be the issue? I have a feeling that GTW can't playback the quality of video we have at a good speed, or the connection from our attendees to the site is not good (majority of us are in Hawaii).

6 REPLIES 6
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Recorded Webinar Buffering

It is probably the Attendee's Internet speed, but could be the format of your video.

What resolution are your videos?  I have found great success with 540 rather than the recommended 720p.

Bear13
Active Contributor

I tested with internet speeds of 800mb down and 400mb up. It shouldn't be that.

Videos are in 720p at 30fps. We hired professional videographers/editors to film our videos so they look more like a TV show instead of an online webinar.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

You are lucky! I have 100mb down and 10mb up.  Many people have much slower Internet speed.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Bear13  Please keep in mind that the maximum number of frames per second is 30 when playing videos (and streaming webcams).  This is the upper limit, but attendees on slower connections themselves may have some difficulty viewing higher quality feeds due to this capacity. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Mel-SoTSA
Active Contributor

So do you mean the YouTube hosted videos playing in a GoTo webinar have no issues? If so, maybe we'll start using GoToWebinar again for video playback via YouTube. Several bad audience experiences have caused us to shy away from uploading/sharing video in webinars. Hadn't seen this buffering problem until last 6 months, and we see it all over US. Used to work almost flawlessly...even at 1080p.

Bear13
Active Contributor

Hi Mel-SoTSA, I meant that viewing in YouTube directly had no issues with the exact same video. Yes, I feel we're getting more and more comments about the buffering and I think it's deterring people from registering for our webinars. 😞