cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Sharing Video Best Practices

Thanks. 

We will keep testing this feature within different environments, and it is definitely a primary tool we plan to continue supporting for GoToWebinar broadcasts to come.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Recorded video starts from beginning when user joins in the middle of a broadcast

@karenlo  Sorry about that. 

Currently the expected behavior is that these shared videos will start from the beginning for all atttendees, no matter when they join the broadcast.  We'll definitely share the feedback with our development team to see if it can be improved.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Recorded video starts from beginning when user joins in the middle of a broadcast

I don't believe it's limited to desktop, mobile or web app. I've seen it on all 3. I don't know what operating systems the attendees were using.

One today joined 13 minutes late, the other 24 minutes. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

You are showing a prerecorded video that has been uploaded to your GoToWebinar?  Unfortunately, this is the way that works right now.  This feature is designed to show short videos, not an entire webinar.

When you tell GoTo to play the video, the video is started from GoTo's servers, not your computer, so the timing is different for everyone depending on their Internet connection.

I usually set up a separate computer just to monitor what the attendees sees on the webinar.  Whenever I play a video as part of the webinar, the video on my presenter computer and the attendee computer are never in sync.  Sometimes the attendee computer is ahead of the presenter computer.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@karenlo See if you can gather some data on the problem attendees.  We are interested in replicating the experience if it is not a Web App attendee (already working on a fix).

@Chris Droessler  We fully expect late attendees to join the video in progress, and we are tracking several different reports from mobile and web users.  As I don't believe there are other Community threads on this specific investigation, I will certainly update you here when more information becomes available.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

How would I retroactively get that data about the attendees?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@karenlo How did the Attendees inform you of their view? 

Perhaps email anyone who complained about the video in session?  You would see the Attendee's comments on your Attendee report.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Video Starting from Beginning when Joining Webinar

This is a pretty urgent issue that we need a resolution to. We uploaded 5 videos (.mp4 files) to our webinar, which is currently happening live. When someone enters the webinar during the video playing, it starts the video from the very beginning. We were expecting it to just pick up wherever it is during the live broadcast, just as it would if we were showing our screen as opposed to showing a video.

It's the exact same issue described here, which does not seem to have ever been resolved:

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Sharing-Video-Best-Practices/td-p/198148

I experienced the same issue after it being reported in our chat. I'm using a Mac desktop, High Sierra version 10.13.16.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Video Starting from Beginning when Joining Webinar

@BenCummings  I apologize for the unexpected playback behavior there.  This issue seems sporadic in nature, and we are still tracking new instances to see if there are any environmental factors involved, or if it's just a random failure of the video streaming services...

Some variables I'm unclear on include:

1. How long was the MP4 video being played?
  2. Were these prior GoTo recordings that you saved locally, or downloaded from your online account?
  3. How long into the broadcast did the playback problem occur?
  4. Were you playing multiple videos, or just the one primary?  If multiple, were other videos affected too?

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Video Starting from Beginning when Joining Webinar

@BenCummings  We may be getting closer to the source of the issue here.  In the meantime, you should be able to schedule Webcast webinars to both force the browser join, and have better, expected behavior when streaming videos (so far we feel this is isolated to Classic webinars only).