cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GonzaloPassano

Recording problems during a GoToWebinar session

Hi everybody,

Yesterday I had a webinar for two hours with a customer. I was the organizer of the event, but in the middle of the session, I had some problems with my computer, and I restarted it. Before that, I changed one member of the panelist staff to a co-organizer, so the session continued with no problems.

However, when I checked the recording of the webinar, I only found one part of the session. My question is, does the second part of the webinar was recorded? Can I recover it?

Thank you very much

3 REPLIES 3
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Recording problems during a GoToWebinar session

If you are recording to the GoTo cloud, then it should contain the entire webinar.

If you are recording to your computer, then the second part of the webinar might be on your Co-Organizer's computer.

GonzaloPassano

According to the settings, all webinars are recorded in the GoToWebinar platform (cloud), but I can't find it. Then, I found the first part of the session in my Documents. I will check with the co-organizer if the second part is on his computer. What options do we have in the case is not there?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@GonzaloPassano 

If the recording wasn't successfully stored to the cloud, defaulted to your local PC and lost some data, you might be able to try reconverting the file there: 

1. Open your Documents folder
  2. Open the original folder
  3. Copy the recording file you need to convert
  4. Paste the file into your Documents folder
  5. Right click the GoToMeeting icon (yellow flower) in your system tray
  6. Select Convert Recordings
  7. Check box next to appropriate recording
  8. Select file type to convert to
  9. Click Convert Recording

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!