cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

Recording report "--- None--- Not Applicable"

Hey there friends,

As usual, I am back with another weird anomoly that probably no one else ever noticed or cared about. Here's the issue: When I generate recording reports, I often find that in the column for "webinar title", the word "none" appears and in the column for "attended webinar" it says "not applicable" for some registrants,  Can you explain what this means?  Here's an example:

recording report weird.jpg

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com
5 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Recording report "--- None--- Not Applicable"

Hi @Fran_Simon  Those missing data sets can happen if you are running an Attendee report for a GoToWebinar where you linked an online recording, but the registrants clicked on a GoToStage or regular Online Recording link. 

Frequent Contributor

Thanks, @AshC, but I am a little confused. Typically, the people who watch our webinar recordings click on the recording link we put on our site or on GoToStage. The original recording link and GoToStage are set up with a registration page, so the data should be collected. I don't understand how the title could possibly not be collected and what exactly "not applicable means." Can you elaborate?

The reason this is important to us is that we have years worth of recording links on our site (dating back to 2010) and people watch them and every so often, licensing agencies contact us to verify that the person who submits a certificate has really accessed the recording. We can click into the data about recording views on the recordings stored page (for those offered since that feature was made available.) I need to know these details so I can confidently authenticate the participants' access of the recording.

Any further information would be helpful. Thanks again!

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
LogMeIn Contributor

@Fran_Simon  Sure--- if you are looking at a Recording report, those only include First, Last, Email.  If you're looking at an Attendee report where you not only linked the recording to the followup, but also post it elsewhere, then you will end up with a joint report like the one you posted.  I'm not exactly sure why the webinar title isn't listed, but I will inquire further with our designers.

Frequent Contributor

Hey @AshC,

So... the recording report does show first and last name and email, but if you look at the image I submitted, it also shows the title the the session and whether they attended the webinar (yes/no) which means they either attended the webinar and came back to watch the recording (yes) or they only watched the recording (no.) I only need to know what "not applicable means" and why the title of the session does not show up. Here is an example of a RECORDING REPORT. (Every single one of our recording reports has examples like this.) 

weird gtw stuff recordings.PNG

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
Valued Contributor

Hey Fran - Do you ever edit your recordings?  Either using the GoTo recording editor, or download, edit recording, then upload?