cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Recordings playback with no video

We record webinars locally, edit them and then upload the recordings back to GoToWebinar.

Recently, several edited .mp4 files when uploaded ony play back audio with a blank screen for many (but not all) viewers.  These original .MP4 recordings playback OK locally in VLC but not in MS Media Player or Movie maker.

has anyone encountered this?  I assume its an issue with the codec/settings used in expoirting the edited file, doe sanyone know what is the appropriate codec/settings to use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Respected Contributor

Re: Recordings playback with no video

Here is what I do with great results.

I use Final Cut Pro to edit the video. This probably does not matter, except that it will take the native GoTo video and allow me to edit it.

The final video is sent to Apple Compressor.

In Compressor I use the "Broadband High" setting which is under "Prepare for HTTP Live Streaming."

The video settings are

MPEG-4

Codec: H.264

Frame size: Up to 960 x 540 pixels

29.97 frames per second

data rate: 5Mbps

Entropy Mode: CAVLC

Audio

Format: AAC

Layout: Stereo

Sample Rate: 22.050 kHz

Bit Rate: 40 kbps

Sometimes I use Final Cut Pro to add closed captions to a video.  If I upload a video file to GoTo that has closed captions encoded, I get an error message, but the video always plays fine.

2 REPLIES 2
Respected Contributor

Here is what I do with great results.

I use Final Cut Pro to edit the video. This probably does not matter, except that it will take the native GoTo video and allow me to edit it.

The final video is sent to Apple Compressor.

In Compressor I use the "Broadband High" setting which is under "Prepare for HTTP Live Streaming."

The video settings are

MPEG-4

Codec: H.264

Frame size: Up to 960 x 540 pixels

29.97 frames per second

data rate: 5Mbps

Entropy Mode: CAVLC

Audio

Format: AAC

Layout: Stereo

Sample Rate: 22.050 kHz

Bit Rate: 40 kbps

Sometimes I use Final Cut Pro to add closed captions to a video.  If I upload a video file to GoTo that has closed captions encoded, I get an error message, but the video always plays fine.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Great. Used VLC with these settings to convert the edited file and it uploads and plays perfectly! Much appreciated