cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hoangmai-nguyen
New Contributor

Registration error: Enter your organization

Hello,

One of our contacts tried to register for our webinar, but there was an error "Enter your organization" kept appearing and prevented him from registering. Looks like this only happens when I put "Mondragon Assembly" to the Organization field. What can be the potential cause for this & how can it be fix?

Picture1.png

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Registration error: Enter your organization

The key word is "ondrag."  The database rejects the entire entry because the entered text contains ondrag.  I suggest using the number "0" instead of the letter "O."

See this conversation.  https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Attendee-s-last-name-generates-Enter-Your-L... 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

It could be that "Mondragon Assembly" contains a special, reserved word that the database is rejecting, thinking this might be a hacking attempt.   This has happened before. 

Until GoTo can whitelist this term, you could tell the customer to try putting a period somewhere in the middle of each word.  That might help.

hoangmai-nguyen
New Contributor

Hi Chris,

I guess this is the issue, even though I don't know why Mondragon Assembly can contain reversed words that are rejected by the database. 😕

Thanks for your comment, I will advise the customers to do so, however, I hope this issue will soon be tackled...

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

The key word is "ondrag."  The database rejects the entire entry because the entered text contains ondrag.  I suggest using the number "0" instead of the letter "O."

See this conversation.  https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Attendee-s-last-name-generates-Enter-Your-L... 

hoangmai-nguyen
New Contributor

Thanks Chris! This must be the issue we are having right now 🙂 It was funny to find out that someone encountered this problem before, and I guess with the same word 'Mondragon'...

Rupsss
New Contributor

Registration error: Enter your organization

Hi,

One person from MONDRAGON University has tried to register but it has been impossible till we have changed the name of the company.

Another client whose surname is "Mondragon" (very common here) could not register as well.

Is it possible to solve this issue? How? Thank you,

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

"ondrag" in the middle of the word "Mondragon" is a term used in computer programming. It is right to disallow the term to be entered as it might be used by a bad person to try to access your computer system.

Maybe GoTo can put an exception to allow "Mondragon" but not allow "ondrag" without an "M" in front of it.

Rupsss
New Contributor

Chris, thank you for your explanation!

I hope they can solve it and help me with that!   🙂