cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seminars_iscc
New Contributor

Re: Remove link, but not recording

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm all set now.

smartfinds
New Contributor

Registrations After A Webinar

Hi Everyone,

We ran into an interesting situation that raises a questions about registratins AFTER a webinar has passed.

The issue is this.

- we sent an registration invite on June 17th via email.

- the event was on June 18th

- the individual clicked on the link to register from his email on August 1st (WTF certainly is right up there)

- the individual is allowed to regsiter on August 1st for a event from June 18th.

How is this event allowed to happen?

Once the webinar is done, I would expect registrations are AUTOMATICALLY closed with some message stating that the event has passed and that registrations are closed.

This is a problem on the part of GoToWebinar.

Had this idiot not clicked on this link nearly 7 weeks after the fact, not sure we would have known this.

Nonetheless, it did happen and needs to be addressed by the GoToWebinar team.

The only answer I'm expecting is...Yes we have fixed this.  Other than that, please don't respond.

This is a FYI  post for the GoToWebinar team or whatever you guys call yourselves nowadays.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Registrations After A Webinar

This is normal for us.  Folks can click an old link after the webinar has ended and access a recording of the webinar.

smartfinds
New Contributor

Hi Chris,

As you can imagine with content marketing, content is distributed and has a shelf life of years.  For this reason old links will continue to be found (or in this case an old email).

My question is what can GoToWebinar customers do to turn off registrations of a past webinar?

Please accept my apologies, don't mean to be rude.  Your response is insufficient to the problem at hand...and...this is a problem that needs a solid business-minded resolution.  The current way of how things work is midiocre at best, not of high quality service, and not becoming of a brand such as  GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

No problem.  We all use GoTo for different purposes. Mine is not marketing, so I don't mind folks finding old links and accessing the old recordings (now called videos).

smartfinds
New Contributor

Hi Chris,

Correct...finding old recordings is ok.  Not being able to REGISTER for a webinar that has already passed.  The issue is the registration is not turned off.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@smartfinds  I apologize if your support experience was less-than-stellar. 

Regarding the functionality of GoToWebinar's post-broadcast recording functionality, you may alter this behavior under the Regsitration settings for that specific webinar, in the Past Webinar section of your online Organizer account.  Please let us know if removing the video there does not disable the active registration page.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
smartfinds
New Contributor

Hello,

I think the message is getting lost in this conversation.

Every business is going to want the video recording to be available.

What we don't want is the registration.

Are you suggesting that if we turn off the video recording then the registration goes away too?  If so, that is NOT what we want.

Please clarify.  Thank you.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Once the webinar is over, anyone coming to that web link will be registering to see the recording, not the webinar.

Are you saying that you want people to be able to watch your webinar recordings without entering their name and other registration data? 

smartfinds
New Contributor

Hi there,

How about the email confirmation/notification the host gets....after the webinar gets...states something like "After Webinar Registration".

The registration I am getting looks and feels just like a normal registration.

It is hard to tell what the Post-Webinar Event registrant is getting on their end if what I'm getting looks and feels just like a pre-webinar registration.