cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SEW1
New Contributor

Reminder emails sent to registrants has incorrect wording

The automated wording in the reminder emails is wrong, it tells registrants they are an "organizer" of the webinar. The email wording should be "This is a reminder that you "have registered" for ...."

13 REPLIES 13
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Reminder emails sent to registrants has incorrect wording

@SEW1  Did one of your registrants send you a copy of their email?  If not, then you may just be seeing a version of the event as a reminder that GoToWebinar sent them to all participants.  Feel free to post a copy of the email itself for confirmation here. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
SEW1
New Contributor

Hi AshC

It was the presenter who forwarded the email to me, see below. He receives all the notifications of how many people received reminders and I think its the same with post webinar emails. 

SEW1_0-1629967413128.png

Sharon

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@SEW1  If this was a Co-Organizer, then the email wording makes sense.  

If they were only a Panelist, then they should receive a different communication. 

SEW1
New Contributor

The copy of the email was sent to the Organiser (presenter) of the webinar,  He is the only one that receives the emaild confirming how many emails have been sent to registrants etc.  

The email is confirming that the reminder email was sent to 149 registrants and contained the words "you're an organizer" which is clearly wrong! 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Sorry if I wasn't being clear---  the term 'presenter' can mean anyone on the staff, including 'Organizers', 'Co-'Organizers', and 'Panelists'.

Panelists won't receive the email directed at Organizers that you referenced.  The will however, receive a separate reminder email about joining as a staff member with special privileges etc. 

So if this presenter was an Organizer for this event, then the email you're seeing is accurate. 

SEW1
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. 

I understand that the email he received was sent to him as presenter / organiser / staff member / panelist. That email is informing him how many people received a reminder email.  The reminder should be reminding them that they have “registered” for a webinar.

Can you confirm the actual wording of the “separate email” that it sent to the registrants reminding them of an upcoming webinar that they have registered for?  If that email is stating they are a “staff member” that inaccurate and misleading.

I look forward to your reply.

Sharon

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@SEW1  I've never seen an email sent to Attendees with Organizer or Panelist info.  That would be a pretty serious error on our part, so please let us know if you come across an example of Attendee reminder emails showing anything other than their unique join link and start times. 

SEW1
New Contributor

I've registered for tonight's webinar. I haven't received a reminder email yet, but will screen shot if and when I do.
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

The title of this discussion is "Reminder emails sent to registrants has incorrect wording" yet you have shown and discussed the email that was sent to the Organizer that was forwarded to you.  There does not appear to be anything wrong with the email that you posted that was sent to the Organizer.

Can you post the email that was sent to you, the non-organizer registrant?