cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wamiq
New Contributor

Role Management & Preventing users from manipulating with data

Hello, 

Im currenly using GoToWebinar paid accounts for my Online Education, I have a concern that is my account is distributed among 10,15 other members of an organization, and they are manipulting with the account data such as deleteting important recordings.

Is there any way i can assign roles to my members to only have the option to conduct/Host a class, end it and just sign out.

Like he should not be having any option regarding deleting recordings or changing anything?

I also searched for user Role management, if there is any solution towards this please help

9 REPLIES 9
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Role Management & Preventing users from manipulating with data

Are you saying that 10-15 people are using the same Organizer name and password?

Only an Organizer can start a webinar.  After it is started, you can make someone else be the webinar Co-Organizer and let them run the webinar and end it.  The Co-Organizer will not be able to do anything with the account except to run the webinar you gave them permission to run.

If you don't mind starting all of the webinars, or having a small group of trusted people who can start all of the webinars, then you can change the Organizer password and let your presenters know that you need to start their webinar.

Wamiq
New Contributor

You actually mean

1) i should setup a trusted person to schedule the webinars

2) Assign Co-Host to run & end the meeting, which eventually he will logout

3) in my Organizer account the recording will be stored and no one would interfere

right?

Can you help regarding on how to make someone a Co-Organizer?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

When you schedule a webinar you can add someone to be a Co-Organizer. That section is just below the name and description of the webinar.  You will see your own account name listed an the Organizer. Click that and you can add Co-Organizers.  Those Co-Organizers will be sent an email with a Join Link that allows them to join the webinar as a Co-Organizer.

I do NOT do it that way.  I have had instances where the Co-Organizer forwards the email to  colleague because he thinks they might enjoy the webinar. The problem is that anyone who clicks on the Join Link in that email is now a CoOrganizer and they all have the same user name.  That's a mess to figure out while the webinar is running.  If you have Co-Organizers you trust, and they can understand to not share the Join Link email, then you could make them Co-Organizers in advance.

I have my co-Organizers as well as my Panelists register for the webinar just like everyone else.  After I start the webinar, but before I click the Start Broadcast button, I will watch the list of Attendees. When I find my Co-Organizer or Panelist, I will click to make them an Organizer or Panelist.  As soon as I do that, I can talk to them and ensure their microphone is working before I actually Start the Broadcast.

CAUTION:  When you make someone a Panelist of Organizer, you can not change them back to being an Attendee.  When the Attendee list is growing just before the webinar starts, it is easy to start clicking on the right name and end up clicking on a different name. Pay careful attention to the message that pops up to verify the person you are promoting is the person you want to promote.

As soon as you promote someone to be the Co-Organizer, you can leave the webinar.  You need to be careful that you click to Leave the webinar, not End the webinar.

Wamiq
New Contributor

Well... I have looked into organizer thing but the issue is only the main Head organizer can start a meeting, i have seen that member of a account can also start the meeting as well as if he is the added in the organizer tab, but where to add that account in member section?

Can you please provide me help regarding if with admin account i can assign role such as only to start/end the class with all proper functionalities and no functions to delete or made ammendments in lecture session?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

You can add another Organizer to your account, but then you are basically doubling the cost of your account. 

The only way to assign any kind of role is within a specific webinar, but starting the webinar can be done only by the Organizer.  You cannot assign that to anyone else.

Wamiq
New Contributor

Thanks for your contribution, it has surely helped me out, the conclusion i have came is that i need to set-up a trusted person on-board to first start the meeting & then add the Co-organizer and later leave, so the Co-Organizer may adjust meeting accordingly and just as he exits he have no access to library & other features.

Secondly, Im looking forward GoToWebinar API to integrate with my Customized PHP based Learning Management system, Is there any way i can reduce the amount of double work i have been puting it with GoToWebinar & then with my Learning Management system?

I actually want to schedule meetings/classes all in 1 in my very own lms, by integrating any api provided.

Can you please guide me throughout that, or share the link of the procedure/product of that api?

Im actually wondering, if i can give a access to teacher through my LMS to only start ot end meetings through my LMS, through this way they can only attend classes connected to my gotowebinar account & my GTW account will be saved.

Any possible solutions towards this are welcome

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I assume you have been to the GoTo Developer center.  https://goto-developer.logmeininc.com/ 

We typically don't discuss APIs here except to point people to those pages.

Wamiq
New Contributor

Hello, 

I have made some teacher's In session Co-Organizer but i dont know they are able to start the lecture without me interrupting(even me as a organizer starting the webinar) means they can start it and end it on their own without me starting the webinar..

Any solutions towards this? the way to make a In Session Co Organizer?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I don't understand what you are asking.

If you make someone an in-session Co-Organizer, then the session has already started.  You, as the Organizer, have to start the session.

Are you saying this?

1. You started the session
  2. The webinar has not yet started
  3. You, as the organizer see their name in the Attendee list
  4. You click to promote them to be a Co-Organizer.

At this point in time, they or you can click the Start Broadcast button to actually start the webinar.  Are you trying to prevent this Co-Organizer from starting the Broadcast?