cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Shared video cuts off before the end

I shared two five-minute videos today within a GoTo Webinar.

I always have a second computer connected to the webinar so I can see what is happening on the webinar.

For the first video, I started the video on the computer that was Organizing the webinar.  The video started playing with just a black screen on the second computer.  When the video started playing on the second computer, I looked at the video playback time on the main computer, and it was already 1:38 into the video.

The real problem comes when the video on the Organizer computer gets to the end, the video stops and also stops all video playback.  Thus the last 1:38 of the video was cut off the video playback on my second computer.  This is a big deal when showing a 5-minute video.

For the second video the delay was 20 seconds, which is not as bad, but this means that at least one Attendee missed the last 20 seconds of the video.

Webinar Studio
Contributor

I've had a very mixed experience with playing videos as well.  Currently, I have landed that the videos cannot be used for any critical information in a webinar.

iOS app will always start from the beginning of the video if someone joins the webinar while a video is playing.

A few random instances of a similar experience on a PC or the video being so delayed that the attendee will miss the end of the video as it cuts of for them when the video ends on the presenter's machine as @Chris Droessler mentioned.

We always used to do video playback via webcam and is what we are continuing for important videos.  I prefer the audio/video fidelity using the uploaded videos but the attendee experience is unpredictable.  

Also agree that GTW needs to bring back the ability to disable the downward expander.  We always play music while attendees are joining but it sounds like junk since we can no longer disable processing.  We've tried skipping the music but always get a flood of questions about if the sound is working - so less comments about the crappy sounding music is better.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I played two videos within a webinar on Tuesday.  The first one started 15 seconds late on my second computer.

The second video I played started on the second computer about 18 seconds late, then within a second jumped ahead to where the video was playing on the Organizer computer.

Thus, the audience might have missed the last 15 seconds of the first video and might have missed the first 15 seconds of the second video.