cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LighthouseMPS

Sharing GoToWebinar links on LinkedIn

WHen I use the Share To Linkedin facility - or just cut and paste the URL into a Linkedin post - the link pulls through and I get a spinning wheel showing beside the Webinar description. It looks really poor, and I rely on Linkedin for a lot of my promotions. I have a custom logo and photo added in the Webinar customisaion page and I'm not sure if Linkedin is trying to pull this through.

Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Sharing GotoMeeting links

Hi @LighthouseMPS

Are you using the 'Share' option at the top of your webinar schedule?

Do you notice any difference between the address format requirements or when you share other web page urls successfully on LinkedIn?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Mlopezg
New Contributor

Hi! Did you have a solutiuon for this issue? Is the same I have with my webinars, spinning weel whenever I share any link for registration.

thanks!

Mlopezg
New Contributor

GoToWebinar - Sharing registration links on LinkeIn produces a spinning wheel in the preview image.

I'm having this weird issue in wich whenever I share a link for my webinar registration, it's giving a wrong image shown as a preview. Anyone having this same issue? Is this a know bug with an estimated time of resolution?

See image as an example. Thanks all.

asdadasd.jpg

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Mlopezg  Are you using the GoToWebinar Share > LinkedIn functionality on your scheduled event page?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Mlopezg
New Contributor

I've tried both alternatives: using Linkedin share and copying the link on itself. The error still the same.

Thanks for your reply!

PD: Does it work for you if you share directly to linkedIn?

wlindstrom

I have also tried this with both the link copied from the share option up top on the webinar, as well as directly copying the link from the info section below, as well as visiting the actual registration page and manually sharing the URL. All three are the same URL, so it should not matter which is used. That said, here's the link to my registration:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/299863618824484367

LinkedIn provides a handy URL inspector to see what's going on with your share. Here is the link to that tool:
https://www.linkedin.com/post-inspector/

When I enter my registration URL in on that page, it reveals towards the bottom of the page that the following image is being served by LogMeIn/GoToWebinar as the featured image:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/images/spinner.gif

You can clearly see, however, if you visit my registration page, that there is a featured image, and there is a logo in place. Both conform to the suggested guidelines on size/dimensions.