cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Simulated live webinar on demand - can't delete and doesn't indicate that it's expired

I have set up a simulated live webinar on demand, available until April 17 (yesterday) to test the system. I wanted to delete this now but I can't. The system feeds back that I "cannot cancel the webinar or webinar series while it is in session." Also, when trying to access this webinar, I receive an error ("Please try again. We’re sorry, but there was an error processing your request. Please try joining the webinar again.") but not a notificaiton that this webinar is no longer available. This is very misleading!

Please let me know how this can be fixed:

a) that I can cancel my simualted live webinars at least after they have expired

b) that people who still try to join the webinar after it has expired or even been deleted receive an appropriate message that doesn't indicate that the content should be available.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Simulated live webinar on demand - can't delete and doesn't indicate that it's expired

Hi Astrid,

Sorry for any confusion there.

Simulated Live GoToWebinar sessions should not be available after the scheduled end time.  These sessions will move to the Past Webinars tab after about 24 hours.

I'll see what can be done about the messaging post-webinar.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Simulated live webinar on demand - can't delete and doesn't indicate that it's expired

Hi Astrid,

Sorry for any confusion there.

Simulated Live GoToWebinar sessions should not be available after the scheduled end time.  These sessions will move to the Past Webinars tab after about 24 hours.

I'll see what can be done about the messaging post-webinar.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have this issue as well - I want to cancel the Simulated On-Demand Webinar BEFORE the end date.  I don't want it to be available any more. The auto expire is great, but there needs to be a feature to cancel EARLY!

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@Amy Spence  Every cheduled GoToWebinar that is still in the future, and not in session, can be cancelled by the scheduling Organizer (not Co-orgs or Admins).

Here's a Simulated-Live Webinar that I scheduled recently for testing purposes:

CancelG2WSimulive.PNG

Highlighted
New Contributor

Deleting a event that is a recorded and on demand

Hi  all,

I am in need of help!

We made a few mistakes when creating a recorded, on-demand event. Therefore, I am trying to delete it from my dashboard. But every time I try I get this--- "We're sorry, you cannot cancel your webinar or webinar series while it is in session." I have attempted to change the date that it is available till and it says--- "Update failed". I'm losing it over here. There HAS to be a way for it to be deleted.

Thank you in advance!

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Deleting a event that is a recorded and on demand

@adevin  If you change the end time to today, then it should disappear by tomorrow.