cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Software ends a scheduled webinar early without warning

Two recent webinars which have been scheduled have ended early by the software. As you can imagine, highly frustrating, time consuming and professionally embarrassing. I'm using OSX Yosemite and simply using power point and audio, no cameras. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? 
9 REPLIES 9
New Contributor

Re: Software ends a scheduled webinar early without warning

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

The revised web site is full of bugs and this seems to be one of them.
We ran a one hour webinar yesterday morning, the same subject, time slot and duration we had run 20 times before and it was automatically cut off after 28 minutes even though it shows schedules for an hour and always was a one-hour webinar.
The webinar was originally set up on a Mac running OS10.6, the person running this webinar was doing it on a Windows PC - to me this is strictly a problem with the webinar software.

On our webinar we were also not able to record the 28 minutessession that usually works with no problems - at least with a PC.
Recording webinars when the host uses a Mac is another issue.
New Contributor

Thanks, I thought it may be my mac or even the wifi connection in the office but no, it's the software! 
Good job I always back the audio recording up with dear old GarageBand! 
LogMeIn Manager

Hi, can you please provide more details about how exactly the webinars ended? Was there any message displayed?

The only ways a webinar will end are:
  • If the organizer or a co-organizer ends it. This sometimes happens by accident when a co-organizer disconnects and clicks the wrong option.
  • If the organizer's GoToWebinar software exits/crashes for some reason.
  • If someone else starts another meeting or webinar using the same organizer account and ignores the warning that a meeting or webinar is already in progress.
  • If there are no attendees and only the organizer is connected for an hour. 
If something happened with the software on the organizer's computer, we may be able to find the cause by reviewing the log files. The GoToWebinar website has no effect on the software except for scheduling a webinar or launching one.  
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Ok, I would imagine it's your last bullet point. I was organising an in-house presentation where I would be the only login, however, the presentation lasts 90 minutes. How would l overcome this?
LogMeIn Manager

If you are just wanting to use the recording feature and not have any attendees, you can just start a GoToMeeting Meet Now (which is included with GoToWebinar), and then join it as an attendee from a 2nd computer or our free mobile Apps. As long as there is 1 attendee connected, the meeting will not time out automatically after an hour.

New Contributor

Hi Glenn,

There was no message displayed.

Nothing happened at the organizer's end that would cause the webinar to end - no problems with the PC or WiFi.
There were 8 attendees so the last bullet point does not apply.
Other than a software glitch, the only possibility is that the organizer of the next webinar logged in early.
Is there any way to check at what time organizers actually log in?
The way the webinar software is configured right now it's wide open for abuse - the way I understand it, some organizer can log in in the middle of a webinar and they will shut down that webinar at that point.

The bigger problem in my case is not the early end of the webinar - annoying but not a serious issue - the bigger part is that the recording is not available in that case - that is a serious issue.
Is there any way to retrieve the recording?
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Kurt, if more than one person is using this GoToWebinar account then that is undoubtedly what happened. Support can look at he webinar history of the account and see when the next webinar started and see when the previous one ended. Most webinar organizers like to start a few minutes early and get ready before clicking Start Broadcast, so if you are sharing the account there needs to be a big enough buffer time between webinars to allow this.  

New Contributor

My computer has crashed twice during a webinar.  I'm wondering why.
New Contributor

Is there a reason why GoToWebinar allows scheduling more than one webinar at the same time on the same account if only one can run at a time?