cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Some Attendees can't hear sound in large webinar

I am running a large webinar this morning with over 200 Attendees.

Some Attendees report they cannot hear the sound.

I tell them to go into the GoToWebinar control panel and select "No audio" then select "Computer audio."  That seems to fix the issue, but it does not last, the sound sometimes goes out again.

I am connected to the webinar with my two usual MacBookPros.

I have a remote presenter.

I am Organizing the webinar on one computer. The sound is great.  This computer is connected to my home wifi.

I am also connected to the webinar as an Organizer on my second computer, which is connected via Ethernet cable to my home network.  The audio does not work. I change to "No audio" and back to "Computer audio" and it works for a while, and then the sound drops out again.

Very odd that the computer on wifi works great, but the one wired to the network keeps loosing sound.

Had a problem like this last week with a large session.  Could it be an issue with large sessions?  I usually have less than 100 Attendees.

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Some Attendees can't hear sound in large webinar

Computer having the sound issues

MacBookPro  wired to network

OS 10.11.6

13-inch, Mid 2009

2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Computer where sound is great

MacBookPro via wifi

OS 10.13.6

13-inch, 2017

2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

This might be an old computer vs newer computer issue. I don't know about the other attendees

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I just lost audio and I got a few text messages from Attendees who just lost audio.

Now it came back, and the older computer is getting audio now, where it has not for hours.

Highlighted
New Contributor

We held a webinar this morning 8amCT/am ET. We had the same experience, some people could hear the audio some could not. Would be interested to know if this was a system issue or an individual issue? 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Mine is a day-long webinar.

We struggled with audio issues this morning for the first two hours of the webinar, but now, for this past hour, everything seems to be fine.

Highlighted
New Contributor

same issue here. we had one last eve with close to 250 participants. our participants couldn't rectify the issue until leaving and re-joining. 

other issue we see now is that the audio from the webinar did not save with our video... but it did with the download we did before closing. 

Anyone else see this same issue?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hey there,

We are investigating some reports of audio failure over the past couple of days, and hope to have more answers soon.  If you can let us know what number was dialed, your physical location and teleco it may help us correlate the cause faster. 

Thanks for your patience.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

No number was dialed. Should we have?

Participants who experienced audio issues were all across North Carolina.

Local Telephone company for me is Bell South, though at least for me, I was not using the services of Bell South when the problems occurred.

The sound is much better today than it was on Monday morning.

Though many reported audio drop outs, the audio was fine on the recording for Monday except for one place when  the presenter lost audio for less than a minute.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

OK, it is possible this was more about a bandwidth issue through GoTo services or the internet as a whole.  Hopefully things remain stable for your next VoIP broadcast.  We will continue to monitor the situation from here. 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Our webinar last week with 900 attendees, the audio started to blip out slightly then went all together minus a slight signal here and there for the admins and attendees. It went out totally for 8 minutes then came back slowly, no problem after that. I felt it was bandwidth issue across the globe not specific to this tool. Our presenters were using audio on their computer not dial in. I don't feel like the dial in would have resolved the issue but who knows. 

Have another webinar today with around 900. We'll see how things go