cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Some Gmail users not receiving confirmation emails

@geoffwebinar  I'm sorry for the confusion.

I think there may be several different topics being discussed here.  I'm mainly referencing the Google outage and the effects that had on our email delivery system.  If you are using APIs to send out email notifications, as I mentioned previously, this has a different set of issues that can occur.

We block off an email only when it has been automatically returned to LogMeIn by a provider.

I don't think you have to delete those webinars, but I'm not 100% sure how they were created and managed within your API commands.  What I can say is that there are workarounds to re-sending webinar confirmation emails that I don't believe we outline anywhere for agents or customers.  One option is to change the start time of the webinar by 1 minute, while making sure the option in GoToWebinar has been checked to 'update all participants' etc.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
geoffwebinar
New Contributor

@AshC thanks again for your reply. We're only utilizing the API to permit folks to register for the webinars. Everything else is done normally. They weren't created or are managed via the API.

One of the problems here is that the support reps are not on the same page. Each time I call I get a completely different answer. I've been directed to tell our customers to call GTW support to have them request to have their email address removed from the blocked list. One customer yesterday wrote to me and said that they did this, and the support rep reprimanded them for asking since this was lunacy. So it makes both me and GTW look really bad.

I'm very happy to participate in a solution by providing information to GTW to help them resolve the issue, but it hasn't felt that this information is welcome. I've hosted thousands of GTW webinars and know it inside and out.

geoffwebinar
New Contributor

Today I received a reply from one of our customers that they contacted Support about the blocked email filter list. This time the rep said there was no such list.

Too many different stories from different GTW support reps. Hurting my company's reputation.

geoffwebinar
New Contributor

Just received a response from another one of our customers who contacted GTW support. Support told them, "that problem is at your end, not mine."

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@geoffwebinar  Internally the name is titled 'Bounce List', which you may reference with Customer Support at any time --- we offer 24 hour phone support.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
geoffwebinar
New Contributor

@AshC thanks for the wording clarification. I've been using the phrase they asked me to use, but perhaps it has changed now.