cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EddieMay

Stop attendees seeing presenters before webinar starts

Hi,

We like to assemble presenters 15 minutes before we go live - just for a last minute check that everyone can share, etc, & to run thro' the order of play.

However, today, logged in as an attendee on another laptop, I saw & heard all the organisers/presenters talking about the upcoming webinar before I pressed start broadcast.

Is that normal behaviour or did I miss a setting or something?

Thanks,

Eddie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Stop attendees seeing presenters before webinar starts

Before you click Start Broadcast, the Attendees should not hear the staff talking, but can see the shared screen (if any) and the webcams (if they are enabled).

My shared screen before I click Start Broadcast is usually a PowerPoint slide where I have the closed captions enabled.  In this case, the Attendees can not hear us talk, but they can see the words on the screen. To prevent this, I freeze (pause) the screen when nobody is talking, and then unfreeze (unpause) the screen when I Start the Broadcast.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Before you click Start Broadcast, the Attendees should not hear the staff talking, but can see the shared screen (if any) and the webcams (if they are enabled).

My shared screen before I click Start Broadcast is usually a PowerPoint slide where I have the closed captions enabled.  In this case, the Attendees can not hear us talk, but they can see the words on the screen. To prevent this, I freeze (pause) the screen when nobody is talking, and then unfreeze (unpause) the screen when I Start the Broadcast.

Golder
Active Contributor

Chris, I thought the shared screen was visible, but not the webcams prior to pressing start broadcast.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Golder  You can always launch the webinar in 'Practice Mode' if you want to keep the discussion and screen sharing exclusive to your staff.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

See my thorough description of the three different modes here:

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Why-does-video-and-screen-share-show-to-att... 

In brief:

• Practice Mode = Attendees cannot hear or see anything
  • Start Webinar = Attendees can see everything, but not hear anything
  • Start Broadcast = Attendees can see and hear everything