cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Survey - Rate-on-scale : scale of the question is 1-5 (all ok) but results in the report are 1-10!

In my last webinar, as in all my previous webinars, I defined a survey with a few "rate-on-scale" questions, with answers from 1 to 5,  the default scale proposed by GtW. 

However, the results appearing in the GtW report go from 1 to 10!

This is very unfortunate since the questions said that 5 was the best value. It is therefore impossible to interprete the answers.

Can you explain the reason of this difference between the scale of the question and the answers? Is it a temporary bug? Any solution?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Survey - Rate-on-scale : scale of the question is 1-5 (all ok) but results in the report are ...

Thank you, I have confirmed that this change was intentional and permanent.  I am very sorry there was no specific communication around the change and implementation.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Survey - Rate-on-scale : scale of the question is 1-5 (all ok) but results in the report are ...

Hi @Eneris ,

The Survey Report should accurately reflect the questions and answers given and responded to post-webinar.

Are you utilizing the old or new GoToWebinar scheduling interface?

Do you have a screen shot of your current view of 1-5 ratings?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I am using the new Gotowebinar interface.

Here is a screenshot of the two questions, with the 1-5 scale.

Answers in the Survey Report go from 1 to 10. 

Noname.jpg

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Additional information. I have tested with a new webinar, just in case. This repeats the same issue:

- Questions appear with a 1-5 scale when created the survey in the platform (first figure below).

- Questions appear with a 1-10 scale at the end of the webinar (second figure below).

Thanks.

Questions-as-defined.jpgQuestions-port-webinaire.jpg

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I also experienced the same issue with my webinar yesterday! I set it up as a 1-5 rating and when I downloaded the survey results report today, the values are reflected at 1-10! As with the other poster, this makes the information nearly impossible to interpret. I checked the preview for the post-webinar survey and it still displays that the survey should be 1-5, but obviously this is not what happened as I have ratings above 5. 

I also am using the new platform. Some type of warning should have come from LogMeIn that this would be changing! 

Tags (2)
LogMeIn Contributor

Thank you, I have confirmed that this change was intentional and permanent.  I am very sorry there was no specific communication around the change and implementation.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Problem with rating scale in post-event surveys

Good morning. This issue has cropped up a few times in recent weeks -- particularly with events that I set up/scheduled months ago.

For almost as long as I've been using GTW, I've had a few questions in post-event surveys rating things on a 1-5 scale. As such, the question itself ends with (5 being best).

It looks like recently what was once 1-5 is now 1-10. So I have a few questions:

1. Was there a notification about this change that I missed? Because it has completely skewed my data on several webcasts
  2. One went out today 1-5 even though when I previewed it it was 1-10. Why would that be?
  3. Can I EDIT the scale to ensure that it's consistent?
  4. Do I need to redo all of my surveys because of this?

Thank you. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Does this mean that I need to re-do all of my surveys for upcoming webcasts to reflect the 1-10 scale? I've scheduled out another 20 sessions already for the rest of the calendar year. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Problem with rating scale in post-event surveys

It appears that you have already seen the other discussion on this.

For others who find this page, please continue the discussion at this other discussion page.

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Survey-Rate-on-scale-scale-of-the-question-... 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Professional educator here with lots of graduate studies in testing and measurement.

I hope someone can please explain the benefit in a 10-point scale over the former 5-point scale.

My research has shown that given a 10-point scale, folks will still stick to the bottom, the middle, and the top. A few brave souls want to be a little less than or more than the middle, which leaves us with a 5-point scale with extra numbers thrown in to confuse folks.  Can anyone here explain the difference between choosing a 7 or an 8?

I think that you will find that with a 10-point scale you will have lots of 1, 5 and 10 responses, and a few scattered in between.

Many will use 2 instead of 1 and prefer 9 instead of 10. This further complicates matters when you are trying to get a true sense of where people are on an issue.