cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Survey - Rate-on-scale : scale of the question is 1-5 (all ok) but results in the report are ...

If you really want to use a 5 point scale, change your question type to multiple choice with one answer and then use 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 as the responses. But yes, you will have to re-do all of your surveys 😞

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Survey - Rate-on-scale : scale of the question is 1-5 (all ok) but results in the report are ...

I also quite agree that a 1 to 5 scale is better.

Message to GoToWebinar: could you make that the organizer choose the scale? This would make all of us happy!

Another message to GoToWebinar: Why didn't GTW inform its clients about this change? This has to do with our credibility with the attendees. The participants of my webinars noticed the inconsistency between the questions and the scale. Quite bad, with close to 500 attendees in our webinars, this does not give a very good image of the organizer! I have of course now corrected the questions.

Active Contributor

Completely agree with everything said by Eneris. LogMeIn should have given some type of warning or communication about the change so that we could alter our surveys in advance. and/or provided options for how to stay on a 5 point scale. My surveys had instructions on what 1-5 represented so when I got the first survey back on the 10 point scale, there was no way to determine if participants rated it per instructions or per the 10 point scale! Basically the survey was junk! Not acceptable.

I also think that the webinar creator should be able to select what scale (1-5, 1-3, 1-7, etc.) they want the rating to be. For LogMeIn to determine that 10 point is now the way to go without any type of discussion or ratiionale speaks to an arrogance that is not warranted by their actual behavior.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Not only disappointing that we were not informed, a poor reflection on the webinar that the scale was inacurate, and it looks terrible on a hand-held device. 

Scale_on_device.PNG

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi all,

We've brought this up with the GoToWebinar team and believe there are definitely some gaps in the way this is set up.  Although I don't have any ETA yet, we are starting work on some improvements / customization to the Survey functionality. 

Thanks for your patience while we iron things out.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Very unfortunate. The user should have the option to customize the response scale. 

How can we compare ratings from past webinars (where the response format was 1-5) with more recent webinars (where the response format is 0-10)? 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Is there any news on this topic? I still does not work. 0-10 still appears on the "rate to scale"

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hi, the scale is now 0-10, it is fixed and cannot be changed.

I have adjusted the questions accordingly as well as my analytic files, and it works well.

If, in the future, the scale can be customized, I will be back to a reduced one. For now, the 0-10 scale does the job.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Survey - Rate-on-scale : scale of the question is 1-5 (all ok) but results in the report are 1-1

I am still having issues with the rate on a scale questions that apparently have been solved. 

There is now an option to change the rate on a scale from 1 -10 to 1 - 5- Great!  Except the survey report produces results on a scale of 1 - 10.  How can that be when I changed in question and the range of rating options from 1 - 5.?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Survey - Rate-on-scale : scale of the question is 1-5 (all ok) but results in the report are 1-1

@SEW1  Are the survey results showing increments of 2, going up to 10, or do they just stop at 5?