cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rach1
Active Contributor

Temporarily halt a live broadcast to privately speak to presenter in the event of a technical issue

Hi there

I 'Start Broadcast' and the webinar goes live to the whole audience.  

In case of an issue, is it possible for Panelists and Organisers to temporarily halt proceedings, and  'slip back behind the curtain'  to speak to each other out of earshot of the audience?  

I appreciate that I (Organiser) can communicate to the Presenter (Panelist) via the Chat box, but when they are in full-flow, they don't always notice in the case of, for example, an issue with their wireless headset, temporarily losing audio.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Temporarily halt a live broadcast to privately speak to presenter in the event of a technical is

Chris is correct, there is no way to pause the broadcast temporarily, the Staff can chat privately but that is all. If you need to talk you could mute your microphones and then join a separate conference call from another device. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Temporarily halt a live broadcast to privately speak to presenter in the event of a technical is

No, but this suggestion has been discussed here before, specifically being able to end the broadcast at the end of the webinar so the panelists and Organizer can chat after the webinar.

Rach1
Active Contributor

Thanks for your post.  I am aware you can end a broadcast, and have a de-brief with colleagues afterwards. 

However, this doesn't temporarily halt a session, to resolve an issue.  Unless of course I am missing something? This action, to me sounds 'final' and you won't be able to bring everyone back in after a minute of resolving an issue.

Thank you

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

As far as I know, you cannot end a broadcast to have a debrief with colleagues.  If you end the broadcast, the webinar is over, and nobody can talk to anyone.  If you are doing this, I would like to know how.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Chris is correct, there is no way to pause the broadcast temporarily, the Staff can chat privately but that is all. If you need to talk you could mute your microphones and then join a separate conference call from another device. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Rach1
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn, 

You say the Staff can chat privately during a live broadcast?  That would also be a solution for us.  I sometimes have a technical expert on the broadcasts with me to help with some of the technical questions from the delegates.  I usually use the Chat facility to talk to them, but talking would be a great alternative. 

Could you please advise how we can do this please?  

Thank you for your input on this.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

When GlennD said Chat, he meant the Chat feature where staff can text each other. 

Once the webinar has started, you cannot talk to anyone without the entire audience hearing.