cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

The pdf file is downloaded in unknown format from the Handouts

There is an issue with the downloaded format for the pdf file from the Handouts with a strange file name. We have many complaints about this. Could you, please, fix it in a short time? Video - https://www.screencast.com/t/DZPUrdZvT

7 REPLIES 7
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: The pdf file is downloaded in unknown format from the Handouts

@LiudaN  Sorry, could you be more specific about the nature of the problem?  is the PDF not opening correctly?  What operating system and viewer are you using to open the PDF?

New Contributor

The issue is that I have added the PDF file and it is not downloaded as PDF. It is loaded as a File. It is not okay for any OS. I have tested on fifferent PC's (Win10 x64, Win7 x64)

LogMeIn Contributor

@LiudaN What file type is the PDF opening as when Attendees download it?  Do you have a video or screen shot?

When I upload a PDF as a GoToWebinar Handout, and then go to view it and download it, I receive the same PDF format as the uploaded.

New Contributor

Guys, we have still have this problem and it is not OK. I have added the video before. And you can see the the file name is Russian and the the name of the downloaded file is different. And even in preview it looks like the system file (in preferences the file type is "File") not the .pdf. Please, fix this issue
LogMeIn Contributor

@LiudaN  Do you believe there is a Russian langauge incompatibility with the file name? Have you tried different names in English to test further?

New Contributor

We tried with pdf file with name in English and there is no mentioned issue. So, the issue is only for files with Russian names. Please, fix this issue.
LogMeIn Manager

Thank you for confirming this for us, we will notify our team. Sorry for the frustration. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!