cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Transferring keyboard and mouse control to my panelist; not shared.

NEW USER.  I want to transfer keyboard and mouse control to my panelist without sharing.  We are on separate computers and I need to answer questions and move my mouse without interfering with my presenter.  How do I make a hard transfer of controls and still facilitate reading and responding to questions? 

Thank you for any tips.   

2 REPLIES 2
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Transferring keyboard and mouse control to my panelist; not shared.

@Lagunaloangod1  It sounds like you are working with one other Panelist or Presenter during this GoToWebinar, but my question is:  Are you the only one sharing your desktop?  If not, you can just make the Panelist the new Presenter so they can share their screen themselves while you manage the GoToWebinar control panel.

** If someone has control over your mouse, then you cannot move it simultaneously or you will override the person with remote control.

Respected Contributor

Re: Transferring keyboard and mouse control to my panelist; not shared.

Make the panelist the presenter, then he/she will have full control of presenting.

You, as organizer, still have control over your computer and can answer questions, unmute microphones, etc, completely independent of the presenter.

The only time I have given keyboard and mouse control is when the PowerPoint is running on my computer and someone at another computer needs to control it.  This is a real pain because I can't do GoTo administrative tasks, because it will interrupt the control of the PowerPoint.

Another reason to give keyboard and mouse control is if there are two presenters and both need to be able to advance the slides.

Other than that you do not need to use the share keyboard and mouse feature.